My Interview With ''Flower_Child'' and ''theperfectpirate''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

Today, let's start with Flower_Child. This young lady writes only original fiction which as all you know is my favorite type. My favorite story of hers is, Who Am I and especially Sadness is a Blessing. I adore her writings, honestly.

And with this, we reached questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My name is Yasmin.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I've been on Mibba for about 2 years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I am not posting to any other site... I'd like to get a story published some day, but have no clue how to do that lol.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I think I really immersed myself into writing for the enjoyment in middle school, wrote my first "novel," in 8th grade.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

A brief summary for each. First story I posted is, "Who Am I?" That is about a young woman who had many misfortunes throughout her life and anorexia being her biggest battle yet.

"Sadness is a Blessing," is about a teenage girl who goes from an average life with an overbearing mother and her life flips upside once she gets in with the wrong crowd which causes her to walk down the path of drugs.

The first story I ever completed is "Smother," and that is about a boy who is in love with a girl who is unhealthy for him and doesn't want to love him back.

A story I completely forgot about is "The End of my Story." That one is written as a journal written by a girl who tells her story before committing suicide.

My second completed story (there's only two I've ever completed) is "Melody's Melodies." That one is about a girl who is raised by an abusive father and finds escape in music and a boy who tries to save her.

"Death of a Rose" is a short one chapter thing about a girl's moments before she gets killed.

Then finally, "The Letter my Mother Left Me," is a drabble for a contest I entered. That's about a mother absorbing each moment she can with her son knowing she doesn't have much time left to watch him grow.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Things that inspire my stories are things like personal experiences, people I know and their experiences, a movie I really liked, other really amazing stories on Mibba or in a book I've read and just random thoughts and parts of dreams that I can remember.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

In "Who Am I," my most beloved character is Nathaniel, because he's so sweet.

"Sadness is a Blessing" I guess I don't really have a favorite character in that one only because everyone's pretty messed up in that story (I haven't written it yet, but I have thoughts on where I'm going with it).

"Smother" I'd say Peter is my favorite because although he's not a main character he's the most happy, he brings the lightness to the story.

"The End of my Story," Neal is my favorite, because he's sweet and really loves and cares for his little sister, I wrote him like how I would want my older brother to be if I had one.

"Melody's Melodies" I guess since Devin is the 'hero' in the story he would be my favorite, so yeah he's sweet as well and caring and loveable.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Yes of course I do research. I haven't personally experienced all of the things my characters have so if I write about something like anorexia I wouldn't want to write things completely untrue and look stupid.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Yes two authors especially. The first is kahlo and the other, pallid. They write so beautifully!!!!!

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I'm always writing about things I've never experienced because well... My life's not all that interesting. xD

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

The hardest stories I've written is mostly all the ones I haven't finished, because I got stuck which is all but two stories.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing means adventure. I get to enter a different mind set and write about crazy situations, because I face no actual consequences when things go wrong.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

The first story I ever wrote was in eighth grade and it was called, "Abigail's Personal Hell," (my friend came up with that.) It's about a rape victim and how her life turns upside down after that trauma.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

The story I'm most proud of is "Melody's Melodies," because for one I finished it. I put a lot of work into it and tried to be different with that story and it also got the most recognition.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

My biggest weaknesses are putting commas where they shouldn't be and also having run on sentences.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Lately I've been more of a writer than a reader, I used to be balanced out once upon a time.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I'll read anything that's interesting, but as of late I mostly read dramatic somewhat relatable "teenage" stories.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I prefer original fiction.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I try to write stories with different ratings yes, but most are R or NC-17.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I'm most comfortable with writing dramatic stories.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I prefer fictional dramatic stories.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

The hardest character I've written is Winter in "Who Am I?" because she's so damaged and confused and she's like a ticking time bomb.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I can be pretty much anywhere while writing because I may get inspired by something I see, but I usually am listening to music while writing.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I'd say the narrator from the not really developed story, "The Unforgettable".

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I usually start a different story from a new idea hoping to find inspiration to get back to an old one I've already began.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

Ha! I'm not sure what character I would be in a story.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

My favorite character is Janie from the a trilogy (Fade, Wake, Gone).

28. How often do you update?

I try to update at least once a week, but that only happens if my creative juices are flowing.

29. Any words for your readers?

Words to my readers. Thank you for giving me feedback, it's always the best feeling in the world to know I'm pleasing you all. You guys are the sweetest :)

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I'm reading "A Streetcar Named Desire," by Tennessee Williams right now and it's interesting so something from that will most likely rub off on me.

-Thank you for this!. ^-^
-Don't even mention it. :)

The next interview for the day is with theperfectpirate. She writes original fiction and my favourite story by her is The Twelve Percent where experts claim that twenty-one percent of the children that have seen ghosts continue to see them even as they age. That number drops to twelve percent after these children hit age twenty-one and our narrator is a part of that twelve percent.

Starting with her interview:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

We'll just go with Autumn if you don't mind. (:

02. How long have you been on mibba?

At least five years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Nope! Here alone.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I've written things since I could speak. I'd write stories out loud and make up songs. I was walking and talking when I was 10 months old and so I guess I've been writing for 24 years (my birthdays next week on the 15th!)

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Right now they're all based around the paranormal or supernatural or horrorish. After what could've been the worlds worst breakup in June I can't write lovey stuff anymore. At least not now.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Each story I write or start is a piece of me. Each character has at least one trait I have or one trait I wish I had. Most of my female leads are sassy cursing strong types. Like me.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I am in looooove with Scarlett from my co-write called White Noise. It's set in a zombie apocalypse world and she's badass (can I say that??) and incredibly brave. Also love Amethyst from The Twelve Percent (a ghost story murder story telekinetic story) as she's incredibly intelligent and helpful.

08. Do you do research before writing?

A little but mostly I start writing and then research after my first wave runs its course.

09. Is there an author in here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

My friend sindie synclayre writes pretty small pieces and small chapters but they're so well written and lovely.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Kind of? Not really? I've written or dabbled in every genre in my 15 some odd years of writing.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

My personal novel right now is proving to be a challenge as I keep hitting walls for where I want it to go. I battle with myself over what I want and what course I want it to take. So right now that's the hardest.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Release. Breath. Venting. Understanding.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

Other than my silly stories I made my mom write down for me as a toddler the first real story I remember writing was about twins who find out they're the protectors of the living world and the darkness is trying to stop them. I still have it somewhere. It was around 35,000 words and I wrote it when I was 14-16. It's not finished but there's a lot of potential with it one day I want to explore.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I wrote and completed a short story entitled "Lost in Translation" when I was 15. It was about a girl who's best friend killed herself. It was focused on that girl learning how to cope and learning why her friend did it. She faced counselors and friends and ultimately came out okay. It was a piece for me that was a release for my depression in high school.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Continuity. I get distracted and run off on some other branch and then don't realize it until later and have to scrap entire chapters.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I'd say it's pretty well a tie.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Young adult 98% of the time.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Original for sure. But I appreciate a well written fan fiction as anyone does.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Yes. Though I do love cursing so I stick around PG-13 sorts.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Young adult paranormal fantasy supernatural kind of stuff.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Same as above.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

In my novel there's a character who is an absolute roadblock for me. She's the main character but I can't quite figure out how I want to play her. I see a lot of potential development but she's just so difficult.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

Music I know and can zone out to in my earbuds and a comfortable desk or table.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I see myself in every main character I create. Like I said before; there's a piece of me in each one.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I take a break. I don't force it. Forcing myself to write only churns out absolutely horrifying results. I take a break. Read a lot of books and stories. Then give myself another week. And reread what I have written. And usually inspiration comes back.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I want to be a character from a Sarah Dessen novel.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

Remy in This Lullaby. She's afraid of love and risks and wants a reason for everything. I can align with that fully.

28. How often do you update?

I update in spurts. Usually daily or multiple times a day or week for a month and then I disappear for a month. I have a highly unpredictable pain of a life.

29. Any words for your readers?

I adore you so much and I hope whatever story of mine you've read - that you've enjoyed it. I've written a lot of ways in the past five years here. And you've watched me grow. Some of you I've made close friendships with and I cherish that. Thank you for sticking around or joining me now.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Felicia Day. Sarah Dessen. Maureen Johnson. Tina Fey. Meg Cabot. Meg has written in so many genres! It's so inspiring.

-Here you go!! This was so enjoyable thank you so much!!(: I love getting a look at mibba authors behind the scenes. Sorry if it's super lengthy!! Thanks again!! So great of you.
-I'm glad you enjoyed yourself with this.

Just like always, till next time.
~Marian.
April 26th, 2014 at 03:47pm