Words Can Be Like Knives

Mibba, I'm frustrated.

I haven't really seen my boyfriend for about 3 or 4 days. He works A LOT and has shitty, random hours, so sometimes it's tough for us to see each other. I try to be understanding of this, I really do... but man, sometimes his lack of being understanding that we need to spend time together really pisses me off.

So, he came over tonight at 2am because he worked late and then had to pick up something he'd left here, which is fine, whatever. He was here not even ten minutes... and we ended up in a fight and he stormed out.

The fight: I had a late lunch today and as a result, I wasn't hungry for dinner when my parents ate. So I told them not to worry about me, since they had bacon and eggs which isn't something that keeps nicely in the oven. Anyways, I got hungry and so, since it's so late, I figured it wasn't a good idea to cook anything, so I made myself a ham and cheese sandwich. I'm also just gonna put it bluntly, I'm overweight and I've been trying to make an effort to lose it... which was the major reason I chose not too cook and just make my sandwich.

Anyways, he walks in, sees my sandwich and asks me what the deal is. I explained to him why I was eating so late and why it was a sandwich... he kind of rolled his eyes, looked away and started to say something, then was like "Nevermind..." so I pushed him to find out what he wanted to say.

He said "You're trying to lose weight and you're eating a ham and cheese sandwich on white bread at 2am. You should've just cooked up a bowl of vegetables. It would've been better for you."

Now, I know he's just trying to look out for me and everything... but I couldn't help but feel like he just slapped me in the face. I mean, I said that I thought I was doing the right thing by making a sandwich instead of cooking a bowl of soup or something else... and he still managed to make me feel shit about my choice.

I told him that what he said hurt my feelings and his response? "I'm just trying to help.. I won't bother in future. I'll let you do it alone." Then stormed out.

I dunno. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I felt like he could've been a little more understanding or just acknowledged that I tried to make a good choice, not point out that it should've been better.

I'm not stupid, I know I shouldn't be eating this late and honestly, if I was at all tired, I would've just gone to sleep and not worried about eating anything at all considering the hour. But I doubt I'll sleep for at least a couple hours and I was hungry. Argh.

He's not a bad guy and I know he said what he said to try and be helpful, but if he had've just approached in a different way and not just stormed off, I wouldn't be sitting here feeling like shit :(

I dunno. Am I overeacting? Being too sensitive?
April 26th, 2014 at 06:42pm