Birds and Symbolism (They Smell My Fear)

I have always had a fear of anything with wings. I have no clue why. Moths, butterflies, wasps, bees, BIRDS. However, none of the aforementioned creatures are attracted to me...except birds.

I am terrified of birds yet starting about 3 years ago I noticed an intake of these beautiful creatures in my life. I may fear something, but that does not mean I will not acknowledge it's beauty.

At first they would always pass away in front of me. For example one night (I work third shift) at one of my jobs this beautiful, gorgeous yellow bird lands in front of the door. It didn't have problems flying, did not seem to be distraught nothing. I refused to leave my doors incase it flew at me. Soon enough a few of my regulars at the gas station came in and said you know there is a dead bird at the door. It had flew landed by the door gracefully and passed on. Then random dead birds always appeared in my life from then on out.

Now that I am older I remember several times when I was attacked by birds when I was young (six and seven years of age at the most). I remember the situations and I never antagonized the creatures knowingly. Hell even city park ducks were known to attack me and I didn't even have bread!

Now, they seem to randomly fly and hit me in the head, but no one else. Or fly at me and then accidentally hit walls and stun themselves, but not kill themselves.

I don't know, I wonder if it is like a dog or a wasp...they sense my fear.

Or I like to think maybe it is a symbol. However, I have done research and dead birds and birds attacking you has never been good in the books on symbolism.

Anyone into symbolism have ideas? Just curious, but not bothered by it.
April 28th, 2014 at 12:54pm