Serial Killers and You.

Hello my name is Pieter Williams and I'm a very sick fuck. But not as sick as "The Big Five". Who are "The Big Five"? They're the five most infamous killers in America. Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, Ed Gein and Dennis Rader aka The BTK killer. I'm not going to include Charles Manson because he didn't kill anyone per say. The Manson Family did his killing for him.

When did they start killing? When did they stop?

But first how old were they when they started their killing spree? Rader was 29 when he stopped torturing animals and started torturing people. He is still alive in prison. Gacy was 30 when he killed his first victim but had sexually abused several people before that. He was executed in prison when he was 52. Dahmer was 18 when he first killed which makes him the youngest of the five. He was killed by a fellow inmate at the age of 34. That makes him the youngest to die also. Bundy's first known murder was committed when he was 24. He was executed in prison at the age of 42. Gein's first murder is still up for debate. It was when he was 38 and his brother was his first. Others say it was when he was 51 that he killed his first and only victim. He died in a hospital for the criminally insane at the age of 77 which makes him the oldest of the five.

Methods of killing

Rader's methods of killing "which from here on shall be abbreviated MK" was to bind torture and kill hence the name BTK. Gacy's MK was usually strangulation. He also raped his victims before and sometimes after he killed them. All of his victims were men. Dahmer's MK was also usually strangulation but not always. He, like Gacy, raped his victims before and after he killed them. They were all also men. Bundy's Mk was to strangle or bludgeon them with a hammer and at one point a piece of wood. He also raped his victims all of which were women. Not much is known about Gein's possible first victim but the other one was shot and then dismembered.

What are they best known for?

Rader would send letters to his victims and news station before killing. Gacy worked as a part time clown which led to the nickname "The Killer Clown". As to whether he killed anyone while wearing the clown suit I don't know. Dahmer would kidnap most of his victims from gay bars. Bundy only killed women and would often pretend to be hurt in order to catch his victims off guard. He was also known to drive a Volkswagen bug. Gein would rob graves and make things out of the dead bodies.

Most disturbing thing about them.

Rader would kill his victims after torturing them. Gacy had an orgasm while stabbing his first victim. Also most of Gacy's victims were kids. Dahmer would drill holes in the heads of his victims dead body's and injecting hydrochloric acid or boiling water into the holes to try and turn them into zombies. Bundy would keep pieces of his victims. Gein just might be one of the most fucked up people to ever live. The things he did made even me cringe a little. He had a box full of vulvae, a belt made from female human nipples and many more human body parts.

Why did they do it?

This is something that has fascinated me for awhile. What makes a person crazy? Sometimes people are born fucked up. But sometimes something happens at some point in a persons life that breaks something inside them. Sometimes that thing that "breaks" is already very fragile. Like my mind which goes back to the born fucked up scenario. Now then let's examine "The Big Fives" reasons for being the way they are. Rader as far as I can tell was born fucked up. Gacy was born with a fragile mind which his dad broke by being a dick. Dahmer was broken some how by a hernia surgery which he had done when he was seven. Bundy had a rather strange childhood which could have led to him breaking or he could have been born fucked up. Gein was broken by his mother who would tell him that every women but her was evil and filling his head with hate from the bible.

What have they inspired?

All of them have had movies and books and even some songs about them but none so much as Gein.
The characters Leatherface, Norman Bates and Buffalo Bill are based off of him.

How did they fail/why did they fail?

Bear in mind this is just my theory and may not be true but I think that they became so crazy that they just got sloppy or they wanted to fail. But I'm not a psychologist so I don't know for sure.

So ends my paper. Feel free to leave a comment. Good bye and thanks for reading.

P.S. If you want to know more about "The Big Five" go to websites such as Wikipedia and many others.
April 28th, 2014 at 05:39pm