Not to Bash Jesus or Anything, But...

So, not to bash on Jesus or anything, but how do people believe in something they've never seen before?

I mean, I believe in heaven/hell/purgatory. I believe in spirits. I believe in spirits because i have seen them, I've felt them. Hell, I've had shit thrown at my head. and until that's happened to you I get why you wouldn't believe in ghosts.

But maybe I don't understand God, and his "powers" because I've never experienced it? I've never felt His presence before, never seen him, but then again I haven't been to church since I was 14. Even then it wasn't completely church, it was a game at a church between Coke and Pepsi, and the Priest gave a speech about God.

How do people know He exists though? How can you tell that you're gifted by God's presence and all holy and whatever? How do you know. How can people be so invested, so taken in by something some old bald people in dresses wrote about back when the plague was still consuming people from the inside out?

how does that happen?

Is it similar to believing in Santa Clause?

Kind of.

But not really.

Kids believe in Santa on Christmas more than they believe in Jesus and God on Christmas. No offence, but that's what they think it's all about. Getting presents and eating till your stomach implodes.

Anyhoo, How do we know it's all real and not made up by a creepy bald guy in a bathrobe sitting in his basement writing in a journal? How do we know God and Jesus isn't just the best freaking story on this world.

We don't.

None of us were there to see it, none of us really experienced it. None of us have ever really seen Him.
May 2nd, 2014 at 03:26pm