Story Commenting on Mibba.

Hi guys! This is my first blog so forgive me if it happens to be horrible. No one may read this anyway, but I've just been aching to address something that has been bothering me lately.

I first started posting my stories on Mibba almost five years ago, which is crazy to think about. This site was a refreshing change from the one that I used to post on. Everyone was so welcoming and readers always had feedback for me. The constructive criticism was greatly appreciated. I took a break for a few months and when I came back, things were different. It seems no one comments on stories anymore.

This is incredibly disheartening to the authors that I've spoken to on this subject. A few of my stories have well over 100 subscribers yet have less than ten comments. If you like something, why not tell the author what you're enjoying about it? Even if you may not like it, or you see something that isn't right, why wouldn't you let the author know? This website is to help writers become better at what they love to do. I, for one, have no problem with negative but still helpful comments.

This wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't know what things used to be like. I try my best to comment on the stories that I do read; though, I don't get to read too many between keeping up with my own stories and juggling my rowdy and adventurous eight month old daughter. When I do get the chance to read a story, I like to praise the author for their work. I understand how much hard work writers put into their stories. I encourage anyone who reads this to go comment on their favorite story on this site and reassure the author that you're enjoying their work.

I suppose this will have to be something I'll just learn to deal with. Most of my old friends from this site have long moved on so I've been making new ones. If you are one of those few on this site who does still comment, kudos to you, you're absolutely fabulous and you are the reason that us writers have inspiration to keep writing.

I'm glad I could finally get that off my chest. Thanks for reading :) By the way, isn't Nicky up there so dreamy?!
May 4th, 2014 at 12:54am