How to Be Disappointed.

I can't be bothered to come up with a better title. Today my boyfriend and I finally went on a date after a month and a half of not doing so, and it sucked. So bad.

He told me he was taking me to the beach and I was over the moon excited because I hadn't been to the beach in so long. Ever since moving to California, I've been in love with lying in the sun getting a tan and all the normal beach activities we do here (surfing and boogie boarding mainly). I went to bed early and woke up early so I could shave everywhere and look pretty in my new bathing suit. I knew that since my boyfriend recently got the windows to his car tinted that we were going to get pretty crazy in the backseat, and it has been so long since anything wilder than kissing has happened to us, so I made sure to make my skin soft with lotion and smell good with his favorite perfume.

He picked me up, we drove out to the beach, and the first thing he says when we get out of the car is "wow, it's so hot." To be fair, it was pretty hot: 99 degrees (in Fahrenheit, my fellow foreigners) isn't anything new to us though, and it made me just want to get in the water even more.

We walk to the farthest edge of the beach with the least amount of people and set up. The whole entire time I'm bouncing on my toes because I made us a really cute lunch and I'm feeling sexy in my bathing suit (he couldn't stop staring at my boobs) and the water looks beautiful.

But I don't know what was wrong with him. He didn't want a sandwich, so he didn't eat the lunch I made for us. He didn't want to get in the water, so I swam around all alone while he watched. He didn't like the sun, so he walked and sat underneath this group of palm trees while I tanned alone. It was horrible, and what pissed me off is when he came back and said, "I'm moving my towel over there to those trees because I'm sick of standing," then proceeded to whip his towel up off the sand and accidentally fling sand into my face.

At that point, I was done. He had bitched the entire time about the heat and the sun and being hungry and it was pissing me off. Irritated, I packed up all our crap and he gladly helped. As we were walking back to the car, these two Mormons stopped to talk to us and I was happily talking to them and listening to what they had to say because, although I'm an atheist, I love to learn about religions. But my boyfriend rudely told them to fuck off, and he walked away all grumpy, and I told the Mormons to ignore him. Just to piss my boyfriend off, I talked to those guys for thirty minutes while he waited in the car for me.

At least by the time I marched back to the car my boyfriend knew I wasn't having a good time. I told him off for being rude and he asked me what he could do to make it up to me. There was a psychic shop on the beach I wanted to visit to have my fortune told, so I told him he could buy me a reading, but he said no because "that crap is stupid." He knows I've been recently expanding my interests in gypsy culture and astrology, so that really pissed me off.

I snapped at him to take me home and he had the nerve to ask me if we could have a quickie in the back. I coldly said no and then couldn't help but mouth off about him being obsessed with sex and my body. Literally he hasn't been wanting to do anything with me unless he knows I'll be able to give him head, and even though I'm totally okay with that, it hurts to realize he only wants to go on a date with me just to get head.

We drove home in silence and I shook him off every time he tried to put his hand on mine or try to tell me sorry. I didn't kiss him goodbye and when he texted me asking if I was still mad, I flat out told him our date sucked and it wasn't worth my time or the amount of effort I put in for us.

So now I sit here angrily eating the lunch I had made for us and thinking about hot celebrities to remedy the disappointing date I had today.
May 4th, 2014 at 06:17am