How to Take a Break.

I'm not going to make this long because I'm feeling shitty and need some time to distract myself with something.

If you read my last blog, you'll know about the bad date I had with my boyfriend yesterday.

Well last night at two in the morning he came to my house and told me to come outside. I snuck out and we sat in his car talking for a long time. We've both been on edge because of school and stress from our families, so us snapping at one another and getting pissed off over little things has been fairly common these past few weeks.

Senior year is TOUGH, and it's a lot harder when Battle of the Colleges is the number one topic among friends and everyone is crying because California colleges want to jerk as much money as they can from us. Throw in AP exams, senior finals, all the excess fees we have to pay for graduation, and getting thin for prom... The whole senior class is having a meltdown.

So my boyfriend and I came to a mutual agreement that we need a break. It's not because we're tired of each other, but because we're both scared of finally saying the wrong thing unintentionally and that breaking out into a huge fight. We both apologized for our behavior from our date, and I left the car feeling okay until I went to bed realizing what a break really meant for us.

We're not really going to be hanging out or texting as much until prom this upcoming weekend. He has an AP exam on Monday and then as soon as it's done he's leaving for out of town until Thursday, so I guess our break lined up pretty well with that.

It's tough because we've never fought hardcore or taken a break in our relationship, and I hate that this has to happen right before prom.

But we do need a break from each other. We're both going to take the time to hang out with friends more and iron out stress and relax. I know we both agreed that it was healthy for us, but right now I'm feeling like crap, and not just because I'm sick. I'm worried he's going to realize that his life is easier when he's not worrying about me / when I'm just not in it, so maybe this is the end.

And I already bought my prom dress.

--

EDIT.
Okay, so there's probably a blog moderator trying to edit my blog while I'm trying to fix something in it myself, because I've been trying to add something but it keeps getting erased and there's all this little crap that's showing up around something else. It's really pissing me off so I'm not going to bother.
May 4th, 2014 at 08:26pm