I'm Sorry, What?

This is going to be a rant on a comment I got on one of my stories, and I'm not saying that I'm not grateful for the comments I get but this annoys me.

You are entitled to your opinion, you may state your opinion but please be polite about it. :)

So a while ago I got a comment on one of my stories saying that they loved my story... only that they couldn't get passed the start of chapter 2 because my changing of tenses was too off-putting, they did give me examples so I'm really grateful for that, I love concrit so it was nice to be pointed out my mistakes however it was TWO changes in tense and then they proceeded to give me a paragraph on how sad it was that the change in tenses was so off-putting that they couldn't stand to read my story any more.

Two accidentally wrong tenses...

Yeah okay, no not really, like thank you for pointing out my wrong tenses but I think it's ridiculous that two little things threw you off a story, no piece of writing is perfect but if you turn around and say you like something then why would you let something small like that distract you when you know you're going to enjoy the plot and the twists.

All I can say is "well whatever, their loss."

Because honestly it took two seconds to fix my mistake, so thanks but no thanks.

-Jordy
May 5th, 2014 at 11:51pm