Reasons Why I Suck at Being a Compassionate Human Being

A lot of my friends tend to ask me for advice concerning boys and girls and relationships and the future and their parents and school and stuff. I suck at advice in general, because words are not my strong suit, but I've deduced some reasons why I suck at being positive;

1. I am always very blunt. I do not sugarcoat or adjust what i'm saying to make you feel more comfortable. If the situation is negative, I'll give you the most common, negative result, and that's that. Want sugarcoating? Want a fairytale ending? Don't ask me for advice, then.

2. I am a pessimistic human being. Despite all the desire I have to be a realist, I cannot for the life of me be unbiased. I will look at the bad part of the situation and stick with it and even when I complain about my issues, and people offer me solutions in return, I will say "Well yeah, but," and find some reason, any reason to make it so that the negative side is prominent. I don't like it, but I don't know how to change it.

3. I will fight to the death to prove myself right. Someone offers you a solution? Mine is better. Always is, always was. I am selfish and greedy and smarter than everyone, but I'm stupid as hell. I'm literally average. Despite knowing that, I'll still try to prove myself right, even concerning just one angle of the argument, despite knowing that I'm totally wrong.

4. I turn the problem back onto myself. I know, everyone is yelling at me through their computer screens, but I can't help it. I learn by applying my own history to the situation in front of me, and this sets up the perfect example for me to do that. I will say things like, "well yeah, I remember when that happened to me," and then whine about how I felt then and it really, seriously, doesn't help that person in any way. I'm so sorry. Don't come to me for advice, I'm trash.

I'm glad I said that though. I mean, I'm a good listener (that's a lie), but I'm no help. I could never be a therapist, I'd just bitch about my own problems. Being selfish sucks.
May 6th, 2014 at 03:20pm