Oh Mama, I Wanna Go Surfing

I am so happy the weather is getting better in Belgium. So I noticed a small change in my everyday lifestyle. When the weather changes, I seem to change along. I recently discovered there are two versions of myself. A Summer version and a Winter version.
The Winter version of me is always dressed in black and is the definition of the Winter blues. I’m always grumpy and just don’t have any interest in doing something.
The Summer version of me is my favourite one. It starts when I change the clothes in my wardrobe from thick sweaters to light blouses. At this point, I’m starting to discover some old bikinis and boardshorts, tops and even a wetsuit. When I get into my Summer flow I’m starting again to read surf blogs, go swimming more often and start to live healthier. My taste in music changes from dark, poppy, hip hop songs to old school surf music and a new Soundcloud playlist that I have discovered on an obscure hipster website. I may even freeride on my skateboard to my grams just to say hi.

Overall I am a lot happier in Summer and I am sure there’s a complicated explanation for that. But I am just very content that I see the sun again and I can start looking forward to a beach holiday and my favourite lifestyle. The beach life.
May 7th, 2014 at 01:02pm