Pet Peeves About Getting Puppies

I know that I said I want to be an air personality, and I still do. I just found that I'm really good at working with dogs. I have a lot of patience for them. I want to be a dog trainer, so I have been studying a lot of dog breeds here recently.

There is one thing that really bothers me about getting dogs. Not everyone does this, but there are some out there that do this. People will get dogs without researching the breed. They just get them because they like how they look or how they act with other people who are matched up with the breed.

It's like a person who just sits around all day and they get a border collie. A border collie is a good dog, but they need daily exercise. They can't sit around inside; they are a working dog. They were breed for herding sheep, not sit around in the house.

It really bothers me that there are people out there that are like that. I know there are people who get dogs like bullmastiffs. I have one, and he works well with me because I can give him the exercise and mental challenge he needs. Most people just get these dogs because they are big and guard dogs. Then they don't give the dog the right amount of exercise, so they get restless. I know mine would eat paper or chew on things if he wasn't getting enough play.

I'll stop with my little rant. This is just something that bothers me. If you want to get a dog, I highly suggest, as other dog trainers do, do your research on the dogs. Get dogs that will fit into your lifestyle, and learn how to handle them. I could help you learn about what kind of dog that you should look into. All you have to do is message me.
May 7th, 2014 at 03:20pm