Zombie Dreams

I've never done a blog before, you just talk about whatever the hell you want, right? I'm assuming that's how it goes. A friend of mine already probably read this back on facebook, but she'll probably read it on here too. Hi, you know who I'm talking about.

Zombies...I really don't know why, but I have a fucking zombie dream at least once a week, and pretty much have been having them that often since I was 9. It was scary at first. Then exciting. And then I practically sighed of boredom and slaughtered everything like a professional. Until today, when my brain decided to switch things up. The element of surprise...oldest trick in the book.

I'm walking to my college, trying to get to my class which I was assuming started at 9 and felt like I was close to being late. I never thought to check a clock or my mp3, which is already fake, I usually check my mp3 every ten seconds for no damn reason, let alone telling time. I heard looking at a clock or the time was a way to find out you're dreaming cause the hands don't move or the time doesn't change? Don't know if that's true, but well played, brain.

I end up at the wrong class, cause I'm a dumb fuck and don't know where I'm going, apparently, and notice it as soon as I walk through the door. After cursing myself for being an idiot, I turn my ass around and start heading to another building across campus. That's when I see a group of people jog past me, talking about someone getting into a fight, or people being injured, I was only half-ass listening. I look ahead of me to where they were all joining up at, and about 50 or so feet from me, I see two bodies laying face down in the parking lot. "Damn, they must have really duked it out" I thought to myself, and I inched a little closer wondering if I should go get some help or call 911 or some shit. The dude who ran passed me got there first, however, and turned both of the bodies over, and lifted this young boy, about 14-15 years old (wtf was a 15 year old doing on my college campus? Alone, with only the other body, a girl his age? That "date" turned to shit). As the dude picked the kid up, he hung limply in his arms, his head a mess of bloody hair, and there were puddles of blood where he and the girl were laying, that I...for some reason didn't notice right away.

"Holy shit, they're fucking dead, holy shit" was all I was thinking as my stomach caved, bracing myself for the smell of dead bodies, since I had no idea how long they've been laying there. I backed up and started in the direction of the nearest building, probably thinking I should tell someone, since I originally thought some crazy bastard was running around campus bashing people's heads in. As I was thinking this, I turn around out of nervous habit, and the kid who was clearly dead a second ago was sprinting at me like a marathon runner, covered in blood. I didn't even have time to think. Initial reaction? Punch it. Haha. It was actually quite effective...at first.

So I knocked it on it's ass after punching it in the face as hard as I could, and backed up, without turning my back to it cause...I've been through this a million times, I know the fucker ain't dead, no matter how hard he hit the concrete. He gets up, as expected, and starts rushing towards me again, and I punch and kick him to the ground, trying to figure out how to break his neck without getting bitten. Then out of the corner of my eye, the girl who was also laying dead in the parking lot was making a buffet out of the guy who was trying to help them, and some other random dead, but not so dead, people were walking around outta nowhere (the wonders of random spawning). I gave the one I had pinned down one last hit in the face, before thinking to myself "Oh, fuck this shit" and ducking out as fast as my legs could take me.

And then I awoke.

I honestly think I was much more scared at the idea that some loony was having a field day playing baseball with people's heads, rather than the fact that it was actually zombies. Cause once that kid sprung up and went at me, my fear dissipated and it was ass-kicking time. "Oh, he's a zombie? Whew...what a relief. Time to kill it"

Compared to most of my zombie dreams, it's not nearly as exciting, but the whole thought of a lunatic murdering young people really spun everything on it's head for me, for some reason. So, good job, brain. For not going with the usual, predictable bullshit.
May 7th, 2014 at 07:08pm