User Blog: semisweet.

So it's 1 am and I'm incredibly tired. I should be replying to messages and reading people's glorious updates, but my hearts telling me to finally start the series of blogs I've been meaning to do for a while now (and I always listen to my heart, it's why I'm such a mess). I've written recommendation and user blogs in the past, as we all have, but whatever. It might take me a while, but I'll get to all of my loves.

I'm starting with this one user. This really cool girl called Kate. The easiest note of all really, because when I talk to her I don't limit myself.

So let me glance back to how this friendship started. I believe we exchanged the odd blog comment and such, here and there for a while. She was friendly and sweet. She also commented on my stories. Actually, the first one she left a wonderful note on was my favourite story - and least popular. She just seemed to get it, and that meant more to me than I can express.

And then boom, our random chat spilled out into profile comments (and they are epic, I've got stich from laughing on many occasions.) She keeps my spirit light, and feeds me pictures of Kit(ten) and Tom and Sebastian, and makes up lovely -and often dirty- scenarios. Or gives me little anecdotes.

Then we've got our PM's, which are something else entirely.
Kate, you are hilarious and insightful and I feel truly privileged to know that you trust me enough to share some of the things you have. This sounds crazy, especially to any random person that might stumble across this blog, but you are so inspiring to me and I wish I had your strength of character. I'm in awe.

It takes a lot for me to be able to trust someone completely. I'm forever prepared for people to walk away without a single glance back, and it doesn't even bother me anymore when that happens, because I never let them in in the first place. I'm really good at pushing people away. My trust was broken by the people who were supposed to be there for me unconditionally. But gods, sometimes you've just got to let your guard down you know? And maybe, just maybe you'll be lucky enough to let someone like Kate into your life.

There are very few people that can make me feel serene and ok with the world, the way I do when I listen to Jeff Buckley, watch a River Phoenix movie or a beautifully crafted Shakespearean play. She's my Ocean at the End of the Lane. And if you're an observer to this blog and it makes you uncomfortable then I apologise. I apologise for the simple fact that you must be lacking people or moments in your life that let you just be. I hope you find them one day.

So Kate, darling, I love you. And one day when you're married to this guy;

Image

We're going to sit on the porch drinking wine and laughing about how terrible my dancing is.
May 8th, 2014 at 02:09am