To All The Mothers Out There.....

To any of you who have given birth to a child and have done everything in your power to love and care for them, give yourself a pat on the back! I know sometimes people don't give mothers the recognition they deserve for all that they do for their kids and for people.

I'm not a mother myself yet but I hope to someday be. I can't say that I've experienced the worry and devotion that a lot of mothers have yet but I do have some pets that I love like children. For now that will have to do until hopefully one day if it's meant to be, I get pregnant.

On the other hand, even though I'm not a mom, I have a mother and have witnessed the love between plenty of moms and their children. Being a mom is so much more than just someone who feeds and clothes a child. There's so much emotion and unconditional love that mom's give. (most moms anyway) I know not every mom out there is good and my heart goes out to the children whose mothers weren't exactly loving or supportive.

However, there have been so many mothers who have sacrificed things just to give their child the best life that they can. Even here on Mibba. I've read several blogs from a few different ladies who struggle to make a good home for their babies. Between trying to find work or the time for work and between custody battles, I know that life can seem almost too much to take. But you know what? Hang in there honey.....

At least you haven't thrown in the towel and you still TRY to be the best mom you can to your kids. All the late nights you've stayed up with your sick little ones, all the boo boos you've kissed and doctored, all the protection and love you give. You might think it goes unnoticed but when your little one gets old enough to appreciate those things, they more than likely will.

Even if they don't, at least you know in your own hear that you attempted to do right by them. Sometimes that's all you can really do is just try to raise your kids right and when they get old enough to go off on their own, it's up to them how they choose to remember or live by that.

Don't blame yourself for little mistakes you make along the way as a mother....especially if it's your first child. You're still human and learning the ways of the world yourself. Don't think of raising your child as a burden but as a gift. Someone out there NEEDS you. Needs your care and attention when they are at such a vulnerable time in their life.

While some of the world may not view mothers as super heroes or anyone honorable, I do and I know many children out there do. So the next time you feel like a failure or coming up short as a mother, stop and look back at how far you've come with your little one.

If they are still alive, have clothes on their backs and food in their belly, YOU had the biggest hand in that. YOU made sure they were safe. I have nothing but mad respect for you for that. Motherhood can be a sacred bond if you let it be.

HAPPY EARLY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!! ENJOY IT.
May 11th, 2014 at 01:44am