Why I Don't Like Mother's Day.

Mother's Day.

A day that the United States set up to annually celebrate and honor mothers throughout the country, and everything they have done for us.

It certainly sounds like a great thing, but I don't like it.

Certainly, it something that was created with good intentions, but I still don't like it.

All it has done now is make the rest of us complacent in honoring our the mothers of our country.

Mother's Day in our society, as it is now, has lost its meaning for many people in the country. Now, as Mother's Day draws near, people frantically prepare gifts in preparation (hopefully with more than minimal effort).

I could go on about how so many people think they can honor their mother simply by giving them gifts that they bought rather than personally made, but I won't.

What really annoys me, is that we spend all this effort... All just for this one day.

Why not? Because I don't honor my mother? Of course not!

So many of us spend time and effort to honor her just for ONE day. Just one!

Sure, there may be other days, like her birthday or her wedding anniversary (if you're married) and all that, but still. It's not enough.

Our mothers deserve far more than one day to be honored.

There are so many different things that our mothers have done for us, but I won't go into detail.
But without a doubt, I appreciate my mother for all that shes done. She is simply amazing, to have to put up with me even when I'm not in the best of moods.

I don't like Mother's Day, because far too often in our society all it does is give us an easy way to supposedly 'honor' our mothers.

Yes, like I've already said, this holiday likely made with good intentions. But the way it is now...

Our mothers are far too awesome to be blessed with such a commercialized, water-downed thing.

I believe that if you really want to honor your mother, do something big for her, sure, go ahead and celebrate this day for her, with her, but don't let it end on just this day alone.
May 12th, 2014 at 10:53am