My Current Favourite Song

I'm too lazy to check which prompts that I haven't done yet, so I might as well do the one posted today.

Chill, I'm not gonna talk about 5SOS again. I know you must be tired of that by now.

I think I'm gonna bend the rule a little bit and say that I'm currently listening to Gabrielle Aplin a lot. If I had to choose a favourite song from her, it's probably Panic Cord or Please Don't Say You Love Me. So yeah, those are my current favourite songs.

I discovered Gabrielle from a fan fiction here actually, Perfect Teeth by sylvia wrath. One of my all-time favourite fan fictions. Anyway, the author used Gabrielle as the face claim of her OC, and when I knew that she was a musician, I checked her out! She's so talented and sweet!

Okay let's talk more about the song then.

I really love Panic Cord, not only for the cute and catchy tune but also because it's a song that tells a blunt story of how maybe, it's not the guy's fault that you break up. Maybe, it's not even anyone's fault. Maybe it's just because one no longer feels the same about each other.

She delivered that in a very sweet and simple way, which I absolutely adore.

Oh Gabrielle also did this song called Dreams with Bastille, which I think is pretty cool too. Not really relevant but I guess worth mentioning.

I don't really know what else tho? If a sweet indie artist is your type of music, give her a listen!
May 15th, 2014 at 11:21am