Unrolled Window With Rain + 7th Birthday

So, I can go ahead and tell that today is going to be a very rough day already. Yesterday, I was just so bloody tired that I didn't care or remember about the passenger side window being down, and here comes a storm system drenching the inside of the car. I tried my best to pat down the seat and floorboard, but I don't really think it worked. As I was cleaning up the water, I moved my foot a step, and my flip flop decided to scoop up some mud in my shoe, so I had a very muddy foot to wash when I got back inside the house. Poor Jake kept dropping things this morning as well.

It seems like I may have contracted a small stomach bug, or something. For the past few days, every time I eat something, my stomach decides to make itself known. It gurgles, and growls as if saying that it hated what I put in it, but it is stuff that I usually eat, except yesterday for dinner. We had a Chicken Cheesy Broccoli Casserole I found on Pinterest, and it was good except for the fact that it had Red Curry in it. My mom said that Red Curry is an Indian spice type thing, so, that was a little out of my comfort zone. It was good, but I didn't want to eat a big amount of it. But, about my stomach, I guess it could be where I am exhausted too. I don't know.

Yesterday, Jake and I didn't get much sleep at all. We went to bed at around 3 AM because one of our breakers decided to flip. I think it was our bug light that we recently turned on, and a huge beetle came over and got stuck, so it took longer for it to burn and such. We fixed that, and around 4:47AM, Jake got a call from his coworker saying that she had been throwing up all night. See, Jake is a Supervisor and since that pretty much makes him the boss of his other coworkers, he has to figure out who to send in if someone gets sick, and if he can't find anyone, he has to go in. The thing about it is, Jake needed the day off for a doctors appointment. He already missed on appointment and the doc got pissed off at him. So Jake is sitting up in bed not knowing what to do, and so we finally compromise with other coworkers, and get back to bed around 5:45 AM.

I got up at 7AM to get Celecia to the bus on time and I just came back to bed. So I had roughly around 3 hours sleep. Jake and I get up at 10 AM to get ready to go to his doctors appointment and we get there maybe 3 minutes late. He does some paper work, and we wait in the waiting room for an hour and a half, and then wait in the room for the doctor for another hour. Carol was getting antsy because she is just a 5 year old. She did really good I think. Jake gets a few X-Rays done on his back, and then they schedule an MRI to be done. We leave and go to Jakes work to check in on my brother who is taking over for Jake, and who came in early just so Jake could have a day off.

Now, I know what you're thinking. My brother is working with my boyfriend who is my brothers boss. You would think that he would give my brother special treatment, but honestly, he doesn't, and I don't expect Jake to give him special treatment. He is just another worker. If my brother decides to screw up badly, I do expect for him to take the heat on it.

Since that is out of the way, we met up with my brother and made sure he was comfortable, and then we went to the bank, gamestore, I went into Petsmart to see the kitties, and then we made our way back home after stopping at Burger King. We got home, picked up Celecia off the bus, and ate at home and then I took a nap.

I woke up and quickly got ready for Celecias birthday, and it all turned out pretty damn good. I made a new dish called Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole that I found on Pinterest. It was good, but since it had Red Curry Powder in it, it was different then what Jake and I make. It was kind of out of our comfort zone with food. I don't really think I could eat it again. My mom and Jakes grandmother came down to the house and ate with us, and we got Celecia a cookie cake that we had to customize because we got it a day before when the bakery was closed. Celecia got her a Ninja Turtle Figurine, a Ninja Turtle coloring book, and three PacMan games for the ps2. Needless to say, she was very happy, and that isn't even half of her presents she has. Once we get finished with Carols birthday we are going to combine their birthdays and have a party for both of them because if we do it separately, Carol usually gets crapped on by people not coming to hers.

So, yesterday was a good day. Exhausting, but good. I really enjoyed having Jake out of work and staying with me during the day. You have no idea of the feeling in my heart of just having him home. There was one point I looked back at Carol and said how pretty she was and he looked back and smiled to her and just watching him and realizing that he was home, with me, made my heart flutter. I hope that he can stay home more often. Since he is the Supervisor, he doesn't get to take vacations much. He is allowed 2 weeks vacation, but he has never taken it before, because there isn't anyone to fill in for his spot. But, anyway, I guess that is it. Just a little about my day yesterday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/night. Bye bye fellow Mibbians.
May 15th, 2014 at 02:17pm