An Update on Shay

Most of you might not remember one of my best friends in real life and on this website. Her name was Shay. Here and on every writing website she currently works on, she was ptvjaime. Sound a little familiar? It probably should. She was on here for over three years, wrote a lot of band fiction, made her opinions pretty well-known, then left when things got bad and hasn't come back.

And she's not going to.

She doesn't know I'm writing this blog. She probably never will because I certainly don't plan on telling her. Considering she wants nothing to do with Mibba ever again, it seems weird to write a blog about her, right? Because you guys certainly aren't going to hear from her again. Her account might as well be blocked forever because she's really not returning. Thought it might be a good idea to let you guys know that she's okay, though, because I know some of you were friends with her or talked to her or just in general liked her. So I will give you the update myself.

1. She's happy. I've never honestly seen her this happy before. We'll get to why in a minute. But she is. She smiles more, she laughs more, she's writing more and writing longer than she ever has before. You guys know how she cracked a record on her own sex scenes and had one at 7k? She beat it twice with 8k and then with 10k. Not with band members, either.

2. She doesn't write band fiction anymore. Oh, she was for a little while after she left and put out quite a bit of material, but then she found something she enjoyed more and started plugging away and, oddly enough, produced writing fifty times better than she has before. I read her stuff all the time, and not just what she posts online. We're friends in real life; I get to see everything.

3. She's writing about wrestlers. Some of you are probably double-taking and going "What the fuck?" but she is. Her friend Cathy-shoutout, girl, I don't know you at all but Shay only ever has good things to say-got her back into watching the WWE and it's ignited something in her. She's having more fun than she ever has and she's more passionate about this than she's been about music for a long time.

4. She's writing what she likes-and people are responding. I was at her place the morning she checked her e-mail after putting up a bunch of stuff on FanFiction.Net and the results astounded both of us. People aren't just reading. They're favoriteing and following her stories, favoriteing and following her, reviewing things. She's even getting ready to Beta for somebody.

5. She doesn't deal with as much drama as before. Believe it or not, Mibba, but you were a major stress factor in her life and now she doesn't deal with it. AO3 and FF are a lot nicer places at least where she's concerned-she isn't getting any nasty comments or hate-and people are responding to the things she writes. Hey, she wrote about a 6'6" guy getting spanked, rimmed, and fucked by a girl and guess what? People didn't just guilty-pleasure like it like they do on here. They actually Reviewed it.

6. She isn't moving. Most of you don't know this, but she's moved around ten times in the last ten years and she was talking about how her mom wanted to move again this summer. Luckily, it isn't happening and they've got at least one more year where they are right now. That's a major weight off of her shoulders because moving never fails to stress her out. Ever.

7. She's not just passionate about her writing; she's passionate about the men, too. We're talking these massive, six feet plus guys with muscles and alpha attitude and she's invested. There's not one night where we don't spend hours talking about the show on Monday and Friday nights. To have her actually so involved means better writing, and better writing is good for everyone.

Just thought I would let you guys know how she's doing since she isn't going to do that herself. Have a lovely evening.
May 19th, 2014 at 11:54pm