Anybody Else a 90s Kid and Gets a Kick Out of Nostalgia? Music? Movies?Shows?Anything?

I myself was born in 1993, great year.
For the past couple of years I've been getting back into a lot of the stuff that liked when I was a kid, watching the Powerpuff Girls, listening to Sugar Ray (as well as a bunch of other old and forgotten bands) getting back into some of the cheesey movies that used to play on the Disney Channel back in the late 90s/early 2000s. I love that stuff. I Also remember when people collected beanie babies and all the girls at school had a tamagotchi pet thing and only a little bit of when MTV still played Daria and MUSIC VIDEOS. Geeze, I feel kinda old sometimes because of this. Kids today just don't GET IT man, lol, jk.
My life as a kid was a bit different than most kids back then. I was in special ed for the longest time and when I finally went to regular ed in 5th grade, I couldn't handle it. I often cried when I got home because the work was a lot harder and no one really held my hand like they did back in my old classes, it was for the best though. I had a pretty good childhood. I was bullied a lot but generally I was a happy kid. It didn't really get bad until middle school.

But anyway, I miss all the old cartoons I would watch, I miss my older sister practice singing and playing her acoustic guitar while I listened in the hallway ( that would be creepy now, lol) I miss the old Disney channel, I miss the music my two older sisters and my parents would have on the radio while I looked out the window in the back seat of the car, I miss my stuffed Frankenstein doll, I miss all the fun I had on Halloween, I miss the 90s lingo that my sisters and their friends would use, I miss being completely innocent to the world. Life was so much sweeter that way.

Let me know if you're a 90s kid and you loved it just as much as I did. Tell me what you miss and what we should bring back.

-Shannon
May 25th, 2014 at 11:34pm