The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Spoilers | AHmazing

SO. First off, I wouldn't consider myself a comic junkie so whenever superhero movies come out and they look interesting, I'm going to want to see it, you know? I like action and I'm a sucker for attractive men. I'm sorry. I'm a girl. I have attractions. But that's besides the point.

I grew up watching the really cheesy Spider-Man cartoons and what not. I mean I think Spider-Man was truly the only superhero I knew of aside from Superman and Batman. It wasn't until like maybe six years ago that I heard of anybody else.....I know. Shame on me. I fell in love with The Avengers and everyone in that group. So, I'm on board now. Although, I can't get into X-Men and I probably never will.

Any who, I loved Spider-Man. I thought it was a very interesting concept. A guy who shoots webs out of his wrists and then soars through the city? Like what the hell where do I sign up. I loved loved loved Tobey McGuire. He will forever be the "original" Spider-Man in my eyes. I put that in quotations because some might consider the voice actors to be the original. I don't know. I don't want to offend anyone. Ha.

I was a die hard Tobey fan. I literally got slightly angry that they were redoing the movies. I understood that it was going to be different because how many freaking comics are there? Like a bazillion. Not really but whatever. I was so against Andrew Garfield. So against.

But then I finally sat down and watched the first one and fell in love. It was refreshing and quite humorous. I didn't think Tobey could really play a funny Peter Parker. I vaguely recalling that there were funny parts but Andrew did an amazing job.

My boy friend, his best friend, and I all went to see the second one just a few short hours ago and lettmetellyou. IT WAS SO GOOD. I was really apprehensive with Jamie Foxx playing Electro. I'm not a fan of Jamie Foxx and I was kind of like meh. But, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I completely fell in love with Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan). I think Dane filled Franco's shoes quite nicely. Although I was talking to my mibba best friend michellee and we both agreed that Willem Dofoe will FOREVER BE THE BEST FREAKING GOBLIN ever.

I liked how they did the whole spider venom thing with the father and what not. I also liked how the "goblin disease" was genetic and that it was nearly impossible for Harry to get rid of it. I don't know. I think it had the right mix of action, comedy, and depressing moments. I cried. I really did cry. I hated that I cried because I knew. I already knew about Gwen. But, a part of me was begging and hoping that she was going to gasp for air and Peter telling her, "It's too dangerous for us to be together, go, go to England. I love you." But it didn't happen and I fucking cried like a baby. In front of people. People who were looking at me weird.

It's Gwen fucking Stacy people. I think I was also upset that it meant that Andrew and Emma wouldn't be a on screen couple anymore. I loved their chemistry, I think because it really was real that it just made it even better. Can we just color her hair red and have her play MJ? I mean would we really object to that?

Any way. That's my Spider-Man rant. I have a story in the making, but it doesn't seem like Spider-Man is really popular........why?
May 29th, 2014 at 06:47am