Not What I Expected

So I've been alive for only 19 short years. I've seen my share of pain as well as my own share of happiness. Like everyone that's reading this right now, I've always wanted to be successful. I've wanted to be able to afford what I wanted and be able to get it when I wanted. No stretching paycheck. No waiting and saving my spare change. I've always wanted to live financially free.

Since the day we were born, we were always taught to go to school, study hard, get a good paying job, and you'll be set. But what sucks about it is now that I'm actually in college now and experiencing the "adult" life, it's not what everyone says it should be. I'm noticing that we go to school to get a job to pay for school. How sad is that?

I'm not saying school is a bad thing. I'm just saying that it's kind of disappointing. Doing some research I found that about 53% of college graduates with a bachelors degree, who are age 25 or younger, are either unemployed or underemployed. That's more than have of the graduating classes. 1.08 trillion is to total student loan debt. 1 trillion is actually federal loans. The economy is not getting any better and there is no such thing as "job security". If someone claims that you have it, they're lying. Because the moment someone else comes along and shows that they have a whole lot more to offer than you, you're gone. Either that or the company you're working with could suddenly shut down or have lay offs. Now adays, nothing is really "for sure". Am I the only one who finds this kind of upsetting?

I'm just kind of curious. How many other people find this upsetting? What are your thoughts on this ?
May 29th, 2014 at 08:28am