Concept of Time

I was playing around with the concept of time in my head - the reason being frightening simple. Past or future, if you could jump to any point in time - which way would you go?

Maybe it was because I had a dream, or just a passing thought about restarting - doing everything in my life over the right way. It was with those frivolous thoughts -I started to think about such unreasonable things.

I know no one could ever "loop" or "jump" to the time they wanted, but if they could - if such things were really possible... Which would be better: past or future?

Or are they both just dumb choices, and staying in the present is the best; because I find it hard to believe that even if I went to the past and did these fifteen years over - I... I don't think I would change any things I did. Not one single insult, fight, or friendship made and loss.

Likewise, going to the future is just as troublesome; the thought: "Fine, I got a sneak-peak, but will it really be the same when I get here?" Plaguing my mind, and bringing about all these troublesome thoughts about how the future isn't really stable and no one should be sure in theirs.

...Like a headache or stomachache, I wish these thoughts would go away. Stop filling my mind with pixie dust and gold - away with the impossible, and let me live in the present. Though...

I wonder if it's because I don't really mean those dismissing words that the thoughts and questions refuse to leave me?

People can be frightening dishonest sometime - especially to themselves, and funny enough; if you think about it, that's also something that could go along with the concept of time. Through time the better lairs we become, and the better we become at believing those lies.
May 29th, 2014 at 09:48am