An Abortion Blog.

I found the abortion thread on the forums and I wrote my opinion, which came out exactly how I wanted it to(which seldom happens. I always butcher my point some way or another) so I thought I'd make a blog about it. Here's exactly what I wrote:

"I am pro choice. I do think there should be limitations, however- for example, I think that if a woman wants to have an abortion, she should be required to have it done within the first trimester. (Exceptions can be made in the case of rape, baby's father's death, etc. after careful examination from a psychiatrist)

My opinion is this because I think that every woman should be able to make her own decisions about her body. Would I personally get an abortion? Probably not, but if a woman deems herself unfit to carry and raise a child, then by all means I think she should have a right to abort the baby with no questioning.

Now's the part where the argument of adoption comes in. Do I think it's a great alternative? Absolutely, and if you can obtain a set of parents who want the baby immediately, by all means, opt for adoption, however I certainly would rather have a baby die before it can process what's going on than withstand the emotional trauma of going from foster home to foster home where it will have to fight for attention, possibly be abused and any other number of things, or be sent to an orphanage where the child will be one of many and not get the dedicated love and affection needed.

Just my two cents."

Anyways, just thought I'd share. What's your opinion on abortion?
June 2nd, 2014 at 10:47pm