I'm Now a High School Graduate. I Cut All My Hair Off and Realized I Might Like My Best Friend

My high school graduation was last Friday and I still don't think it's really sank in that I won't be going back to high school in the fall. I'll be attending the University of Kentucky! I get my roommate assignment the week of June 15th and I'm thrilled. My orientation is June 25th and 26th and I'm so nervous, honestly.

But really, I'm sure you guys don't care about that. You probs care about what happened AFTER graduation. Well, the beer fairy delivered, I can tell you that much. I went with my best friend immediately after graduation, but not without a lecture from my mom first. We went to his house and changed clothes and then the fun stuff: we had to go get the alcohol. We spent like $300 on alcohol. Seven thirty packs of beer, two eighteen packs of beer, a gallon of Kentucky Gentleman, a fifth of Jäger, a six pack of Jack, and a six pack of Smirnoff. That's not even counting all of the alcohol people brought themselves.

After that, we met up with everyone who was going and headed out. We had a big bonfire type party. It was a lot of fun. The guy I planned on hooking up with couldn't come because he had to work at 6am (sad) so I flirted with my best friend's cousin. We were in for a surprise though. He was 27 and I just graduated high school. Oops! He was still cute though. I'd probably still flirt with him.

I sucked it up at beer pong, as usual. I was stealing people's clothes. I had on the 27 year old cousin's shirt. I had on my best friend's hat. We played games like truth or dare and never have I ever and people were playing guitar. It was a good ass night. I woke up cuddling my best friend in the bed of his truck because it was so cold.

It was just a lot of fun. I enjoyed myself more that night than I had in a long time.

In other news, I'm making lots of changes in my life. Remember the Prince Eric thing??? Yeah, I'm not even speaking to him anymore. I deleted his phone number, all of the messages I ever had from him, pictures of us together, everything. His girlfriend found messages of him flirting with me and he said that he had been exploiting me and he couldn't be friends with me anymore. It hurt at first but honestly, I feel so much better without that burden on my shoulders. And that's what it had become. A burden.

I cut all of my hair off (I posted a picture on my profile!), I've stopped drinking soda, I've lost 2 pounds since graduation, and I think I'm catching feelings for my best friend.

I just love being around him so much that it's insane. I'll see pictures that people take of us while we're just being silly and not posing or anything and I look SO happy. I have two pictures of us on my profile where I can see the happiness all over my face. One from prom and one from our senior breakfast. I just care about him a lot and he makes me really happy.

He makes me laugh and wow. I don't know. The funny thing is, I used to hate him when we were in elementary and middle school. But when he came back from military school (yes, he went to military school our freshman and sophomore year) our junior year, we became good friends and our senior year we got so close. I went with him to get his first tattoo this week and he's going with me to get mine next month. He loves my mom and she loves him, in fact, he calls her mom.

But he's one of those crazy people in relationships that's like "you can't talk to other boys" and I hate that. I HATE it. And that's one reason I'm not really making my feelings known because I don't want things to complicate and if for whatever reason he cared about me too, him go crazy and demand to see my phone and who I've been talking to and all that. And then there's the fact that I wanna do whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm not ready or willing to sacrifice that. At least not right now.

We'll see where it goes though.

ALSO, I wrote something new called Saturday Morning if you could check it out that'd be great.
June 5th, 2014 at 09:49pm