May Favorites (and the Biggest List of Story News Ever)

I'M LATE AND I KNOW AND I'M SORRY.

A lot has been happening lately. Like, a lot. Like, I think I'm going mad so much has been happening lately. The shortest version possible - grad admissions people are idiots and I started grad school two weeks ago (or was it three?) and I've been adventuring with friends all over Ohio (or so it feels like) despite how much I hate humanity at the moment. Also, boys. They are troublesome and horrible and my kryptonite forever. Shortest version possible. But yes. Hi hey hello there I'm sort of here and trying to detox from my 'exciting' life after finishing all my homework and maybe JUST MAYBE taking a break from people today and getting stuff done. Like hanging two pictures I've had for weeks that are leaning against bookshelves in my room and writing. WRITING. Which I feel I haven't done in eons and eons but hey I'm trying and that has to count right? RIGHT.

I'm telling myself that to feel better. Thank goodness for prewritten chapters. I need to do that with all my stories from now on for times like this. I DIGRESS. I have also had a lot of coffee so bear with me here, little ducklings. I'm going to attempt to form coherent lists.

HAH. Yeah we'll see.

MUSIC


1. Margot & the Nuclear So and So's - oh man. SUCH GOOD MUSIC FOR WRITING. Like, for real. I have been listening to it almost constantly. Very chill, very cool, very weird lyrics most of the time but I dig that. I'm a big fan of unique music of any kind. I can get down to a lot of it but this band is simply phenomenal and I always forget how much I love them until I put them on and then I have that moment - you know that moment? - where you're like holy crap why haven't I been listening to them lately? And then you hate yourself for .7 seconds because why deny yourself the amazingness that is this music that you so love? And for me this band is one of those bands. Could listen to them constantly. Favorite songs with them is tough because I don't listen to them as much as I should but I think maybe, if you wanna you know branch out or whatever, you should listen to "Skeleton Key". There are so many good ones. If you really wanna listen to them, I say you could pick any song and you're good to go.

2. Marina and the Diamonds - feelin' sassy? This is so the chick for you. Every time I put her on, I'm always like oh I can do anything and everything and everyone else can suck it if they don't like it. Like, I feel invincible and tough and just awesome. She rules. Lily Allen does that to me, too. I'm not usually into this kind of music but I feel like I'm getting more and more into it as time goes on. And I just really dig it. I like dancing around my house to it in my underwear. It works. I really love "Oh No!" and "How to be a Heartbreaker". Listen to all of it, though. It's all amazing.

3. Butch Walker - I don't know if I've put him on a list before but oh well. A change of pace from the other two, he's more folk rock/indie/rock style. He is also a big wig record producer who has worked with so many big bands. I can forgive him for working with Taylor Swift because he's super talented. But like, yeah. A boy introduced me to him awhile ago and even if he's a weirdo I'm glad he did because I really enjoy the playlist he sent me of his stuff. I don't own any of it but Spotify hooks me up and I really enjoy listening to him out on my back porch when the sun is out. For songs, well ... I don't know. I'm not super familiar so no titles are coming to mind right now haha. Forgive me. Just search on YouTube - you'll find a good one I'm sure.

MOVIES


1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Already seen it like three times in the theaters and I cannot get enough of Andrew Garfield as my beloved Peter Parker. And Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is beyond perfection. The whole movie was amazing (get it????). I was not a fan of the first group of Spidey movies but this time around they just keep blowing me away. Granted, it is super super sad but it is also just absolutely phenomenal. And Dane DeHaan as Harry? *kisses fingers and raises them in the air*

ImageImage
SO CHEEKY


2. Neighbors - Honestly, I thought it could have been better but it was really funny and the eye candy ... oh my. Dave Franco and Zac Efron should be in every movie together and shirtless and just yes. I saw it with a guy friend and I was like yo, I'm sorry but there will be a puddle of drool at our feet by the end of the movie. Don't judge. THEY ARE GORGEOUS. Can I just ... HAVE Zac? Like, what do I have to do? I would do it. Without question. Probably. Yeah. Just --

ImageImage


3. Godzilla - Okay lemme preface this by saying the storyline was only so-so. I was a little disappointed with the plot of the characters. They didn't utilize their best stars but instead focused on a very flat character that was pretty boring to watch. BUT, Ken Watanabe is amazing and can do anything and I enjoyed his presence even if I wish he had been in it more. And the effects and the actual look of Godzilla was pretty amazing. The fight scene towards the end between Godzilla and the bad monsters (whose names I'm forgetting) was very memorable and mind-blowing.

Image

BOYS

HOCKEY EDITION


I have been watching nothing but hockey and baseball it would seem. Behind on all my shows and after reading my friends' reactions to GoT, I don't think I'll even try to catch up with that one. All this hockey has done two things - given me many MANY new crushes and the desire to write a hockey story. I have no ideas (I think my brain has finally tapped out) but if I get one I will probably run with it. I don't know. Things be so cray right now. I'm even talking weird, see?

1. Jonathan Toews - captain of the Chicago Blackhawks. He is just absolutely adorable. He seems super sweet and just a good guy all around. From what little I know (since I'm just getting into this hockey thing), he is nicknamed Captain Serious (and Tazer). And I can see it. I think he needs someone (AKA me) to make him smile more.

Image
Image
ImageImage
LOOK AT HIM WITH KIDS I AM DYING
Image
DROOLING DEAD BYE


2. Tyler Seguin - I feel like he's considered a bad boy in the NHL but I don't think of him that way. He likes to party but come on, don't we all? I give him slack. Also because HE IS GORGEOUS AND TATTED AND GORGEOUS AND DID I MENTION GORGEOUS? He plays for the Dallas Stars which means he is always in my favorite color - green. I'm sad they got knocked out so quickly. I wants to see more. My precious.

Image
ImageImage
I have never been more jealous of a dog.
ImageImage
Image
Drop it low, Segsy.


3. Brian Boyle - NY Rangers, gorgeous, can I has your babies? He's one of the best face-off players in the NHL (or so I am told through the many Rangers games I have been watching). I AM ROOTING FOR THEM FOR THE CUP! They are playing the LA Kings and I'm all like, c'mon NY because they haven't been here in a decade. Kings just got the cup like two years ago. UNDERDOGS ALL THE WAY. Especially since my home team, the Columbus Blue Jackets, are no longer in it. But I will root for this babe (honestly, the Rangers have a very good looking team).

Image
ImageImage


4. Derick Brassard - BECAUSE I REALLY WANT THE RANGERS TO WIN. But he is also so adorable and presh that when I look at him I'm like how do you play hockey so roughly and just push everyone around? BECAUSE HE DOES. He's strong. And my poor baby got slapped in the face with a stick last game. I was about to END SOMEONE. Oh, and he speaks French. *swooning*

ImageImage
ImageImage
AND HE PLAYS BASEBALL? LOOK AT DAT BOOTY
ImageImage
THOSE ARMS THAT SMILE GOT ME LIKE WHOA


5. John Moore - BECAUSE RANGERS DUH. Also, he and Derick are like BFFs and it's adorable. He is also just gorgeous and I hate it. I'm moving to NY to date all these beautiful Rangers. KBYE. I don't know how or why but like ... so many babes on the team and I ain't mad about it. Makes the playoffs even more fun to watch, ja feel?

Image
Image
Like if Jared Leto and Zac Efron had a kid, you know??

Rangers babes --
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

NEWS


Okay, so awhile ago I put up some novel ideas and after giving myself some time to consider it I had decided to go with Heartbeats. But, the reason I have made little to no progress is because though my mind says Heartbeats, my heart is saying The City The Never Sleeps. I've been thinking about both a lot and that is why no real decision has been made. Oh, and the fact I actually DID get into grad school without having to pay a million dollars. Backburner for now but not for long. I need to finish up some stories, ja feel?

Attempting to finish --
1. Wild & Reckless - My Harry Styles story. Really needs to just be over with. I'm really disappointed with how it turned out which is why I dread working on it but I will be finishing it because for some reason people like it but I don't know why. So that will probably be the first story I attempt to wrap up. It's not far off and I'm moving things pretty quickly.

2. From Another Life - My Dylan O'Brien story. It's over halfway finished and completely plotted out so this one should be fairly easy to wrap up quickly. I've got nothing against dear old Dylan but I probably will not be writing any other Dylan stories (save for using him as a face claim in a few things potentially and he's already in The Six).

3. That Boy is Illegal - A Zayn Malik AU story I am desperately scrambling to finish. I hadn't plotted this one out so I have no idea where I'm going but I think I've got a general idea so hopefully it won't be too hard to finish. Though I'm over writing for 1D I do actually like this story so I won't be taking it down. I don't know how many more chapters it will be but I'll say it is three-fourths finished.

Hiatus, but still attempting to figure out --
1. Sun & Moon - The Franco boys story I started forever ago (or so it seems). I haven't worked on it in a thousand years, I know, but I am going to finish it. It's not close to being finished by any means but I have been struggling with it because James kind of annoys me now but I do really love Dave so I will keep working on it and I'm actually going to plot it out so hopefully I won't get this stuck again in the future. It seems pretty well liked so I just wanted to tell you I haven't forgotten it.

2. Waves - My love, Zac Efron. I was just talking about this story the other day and how much I miss it. I've been stuck halfway through the next chapters for months but I am honestly trying to figure it all out. Again, I think plotting it will make it easier so perhaps I can do that this weekend. After seeing Neighbors, I'm just like YES PLEASE I WANT GIMME THANK YOU. I mean, I've always adored him but watching him shirtless does not hurt one bit.

3. The Gallagher Girls - An original about a set of sisters who are all very different and their loves and lives together and apart. This is actually probably my favorite story and I will (I WILL) be making it into a novel at some point. I just love it. I need to work on it more often and fix and tweak some things but it's in my mind and heart so I want to pay more attention to it.

4. Unscripted - My prep school original starring Colton Haynes and Henry Cavill as the main dude face claims. Could it get any hotter??? I have so much thought out for this story but not a real plot so I'm definitely going to be working on that and fitting everything in. Having so many characters is making it tough but I love prep schools and Henry Cavill so it's on my radar like everything else. I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN. It's not a very popular story (same with The Gallagher Girls) but I love it so suck it.

5. Deadly Affections - Niklaus Mikaelson, what a freaking babe and one of my favorite fictional characters. Too bad I hate The Originals. And now I'll never watch TVD again past season 4 but oh well. This takes place back in the day (way back) and I LOVE it. Gwendolyn is one of my favorite characters and I'm super excited to work on this story again. It's been complicated trying to figure out the main climax and tipping points but I think I have a handle on it and, yes, I will be plotting it out hopefully so I can again not run into this issue. Taking place so long ago has added an extra stress on me having studied history for so long I have to make sure I get everything right.

6. An Act of Passion -- If you have been watching the current season you know why I will never watch it again. BUT, I still love Stefan Salvatore more than anything and I adore this story and Ophelia so, again, I will be working this out. I didn't plot it out so that has been an issue but thankfully the show is guiding me because it's following along with that closely. Maybe this weekend I can break out the Netflix and watch some season four and update this bad boy.

Updating, updating ... hopefully regularly --
1. Glass Girl - Percy Jackson and probably my favorite female lead I have ever written. I have so much plotted out for this (and not even to the end yet so it's gonna be a doozy) and a lot prewritten so I have been able to update this one regularly (except when I forgot last week - oops). I love this story with everything in me. I've done a lot of research into things for it and planned a lot out and I just think it's going to rock.

2. Miles Away - Bucky Barnes fiction - my first part of the trilogy I have concocted and am OBSESSED with. I'm going to plot out part three then start to write the chapters I have already plotted out for the first part and get this ball really rolling because I am in love. With Bucky AND this story AND the places this story is going to go. So much in store for Bucky and Maggie. LIKE SO MUCH YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW.

Possible ends --
1. No Place Like Home - I credit my lack of motivation for this story on the fact I only saw two episodes this season because I watch it with my mom and we have both been so incredibly busy. Had I watched it (I have it all on my DVR), I probably could actually attempt to work on it which is why I haven't parted ways with it just yet. Still up in the air, though. Maybe I'll watch an episode and see how I feel about it. It's not a popular story so I feel like I could delete it and no one would care all that much haha. It would make room for a new story ...

2. A Long Week in Ireland - AU featuring Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson about escorts, weddings, and exes. I actually LOVE this story but I have so little desire to work on it due to my loss of love for 1D. Well, not loss, but it has lessened greatly and I just don't feel that urge to write for them like I used to. Perhaps I can work on it and revamp it with some other main dudes. OH MY GOSH THAT IDEA I LOVE IT ALREADY AND I WILL POST A BLOG TODAY WITH OPTIONS.

Possible beginnings --
1. Hope - Peter Parker/Spidey story featuring the beautiful Andrew Garfield and an original character I am so pumped to write. I actually already wrote the first chapter and then I was like, whoa girl ... plot this bad boy out like with Bucky before you get yourself into trouble. And so, that is what I am going to do. There will be spoilers if you don't know much about the comics or haven't seen both of the Andrew Spidey movies. Some big spoilers, too. So I don't recommend reading unless you are prepared for that or go and see the new movie. But I have a lot of ideas and Spidey has always been my favorite so I am super pumped. As soon as a story wraps up and I get a plot down then this will be going up, for sure.

2. On the Seaside - Tyler Hoechlin as a face claim for a handyman is so sexy I can't even stand it. This is kind of my mellow romance idea. Fairly basic, maybe even cliche, but I'm pretty excited to write something chill since I feel like everything I've got right now is intense, complex, or dramatic haha. I've already written the first two chapters for this one but again I feel the need to plot things before I dive in too deep so I don't get myself into trouble. Again, I have a lot of ideas and I really want to start this. I'm thinking when W&R wraps up this is what I'll put in its place.

3. The Nature of War - my possible Teen Wolf story featuring Derek Hale/Tyler Hoechlin and a very interesting female lead I'm pumped about. I still need to start watching the show first, though. Someone sent me a link awhile ago and maybe this weekend I can actually get around to it because I definitely want to work on this. I'm thinking maybe when Stefan or my Zayn mafia story wrap I can give this some more thought and time.

Okay I know I have other ideas floating around and I've pitched some of them already and I do still have them on my backburners but those I feel are a little ways away before I work on them and those three I think I'd like to work on first and foremost because I am most pumped about them. And, also, my mafia original with Colin Farrell as one of the many babely face claims, The City That Never Sleeps. Because I want to make it into a novel I'm going to do mad planning for it like I've never planned before so I don't screw it up.

I hope this super long post makes up for the fact it's almost a week late. My b. I slammed my head in a car door yesterday and I'm suffering that head injury still haha. Also, I've been in nature like all week hiking so now my legs are broken which means I can probably work on some stuff today for the first time in a century. If you have commented or messaged me the past two days I am going to get to it today, I'm sorry. As I said I have been in nature and all day yesterday I was on a mountain. Not even kidding.

Hey, shoot me some questions/comments/concerns if you've got 'em. I should be around all day.
Thanks for reading, lovelies.
xoxo, Erin
June 6th, 2014 at 05:12pm