Mibba Hiatus and Becoming a Grown-Up

So I don't think I've actually posted anything on Mibba in nearly 6 months or more. Eek.

Honestly, the only good reason I can give for this is life. I started Uni in March and since then I've just been so busy that I literally haven't written creatively since the end of the summer holidays. I'm also trying to get my music career going, and that's all very slow and stressful.

Turning 18 has been horrific and about 500 times less exciting than I thought it would be. About the only benefit of that is getting in to bars so I can drink away my hard earned cash - I honestly have no idea how Americans maintain their mental health until they're 21. I am so stressed with uni work, job work, having to get my own MediCare card and health insurance (!!!!) and paying my rent every week that it's a miracle I can even write this coherently. If I get any more shifts at work I might have to start paying tax, and that is god damn terrifying. Not to mention politics in Australia is completely fucked at the moment and the cost of my uni degree is set to go up so much that I'll essentially be paying it off for the rest of my life (not that that will worry me when I am famous. Ha ha ha.)

IN SHORT growing up is scary, life is exciting and overwhelming and interesting and bizarre, I need to start writing more, and if you are still 16 or under... appreciate your freedoms now before they're all morphed and weird.

Stay golden, night children.
xx Lizzie

P.S - Watch this space as I will probably start uploading some of my music to soundcloud in the next couple of months!
June 9th, 2014 at 05:37am