Growing in Love Until the Day I Die: Accepting Others

This was a great lesson to learn. Anyone who reads this and you learned this lesson as well can agree with me. There are literally millions upon millions of people in this world, and not one of them are the same. Differences range from height, color, age, sound, interests, ideals, and much more. And they are all wonderful! I have not met every last one but I have met plenty of people in my short span of life and if the rest of society that I have not met then I am in for a blast. Just hearing one persons story expands my horizon so much that it blows my mind just how big God is. Imagine listening to the stories of a million people and wonder just how expansive God is as compared to just one story, yours.

But it wasn't always this way. The world of countenance that I have taken hold came after a radical uplifting of ideas during my transition from Sophomore to Junior to place a time stamp on this event.

The color of skin was never an issue with me, much as an issue of religion. I developed an oversensitive biased opinion about the denomination of Pentecostalism as I grew in my faith. As I grew further He began dealing with me about people who didn't quite believe the same things that I did. At first I was hesitant, as most tend to be, and I tried thinking my way through it logically, but of course only held me back from accepting people much later than sooner.

But I think God knew I would think to much about it when He made me ...

The process was slow, but as I allowed myself to get over this idiotic sense that a certain denomination was the only true denomination, I began noticing changes. I began learning about who people really are, I began learning about how people think, and even gaining a fascination with other ways of life that weren't my own! And it only escalated from there, the people who I've had the pleasure of knowing, and the places that I appreciate going to and learning about I don't believe I would have seen if I did not allow myself to love the way Jesus loves his people.

In fact I dare say that I would not have received my calling to New Orleans if I were still stuck in the same old mindset.

God is amazing, He is truly incredible, his wisdom knows no bounds, His love is bigger than the space between us and the farthest star in space. He knows how we tick and has a plan that is perfectly molded just for us.

The last thing that I would give praise to God for is recently there have been people who notice my acceptance towards people, and how they like that about me, and how it challenges them.

God is the one who made me this way, and it is He who gets the attention here. Thank God for letting me see people the way you see them. Help me increase in that and grow, and help my friends and their friends see people just like you see them. Amen.
June 10th, 2014 at 09:25pm