Growing in Love Until the Day I Die: Center of Our Life

There’s a great deal of discussion about what takes the center of our lives these days. The word addiction gets thrown around and idols too. We can all basically agree that anything aside from Jesus as the center is not necessarily a good thing.

My experience is no different, but not in the normal sense. I put serving God in place of Jesus. It may sound weird or it may not sound weird and I’m positive it’s nothing new, but also is never spoken of as much as the negative aspects that we put in the center of us.

Serving God can be put in the center, just like everything else. And like everything else it is not a good thing, even though it is the service of God.

PLEASE don't get me wrong. I am not in any way saying that serving God is a bad thing. I believe in quite the opposite. When our lives are transformed by His grace love we, out of our zeal, passion and love for God, serve Him which is the highly suggested thing to do according to Scripture (Mark 12:30).

What I believe I need to clarify is that serving God is not the bad thing. It's when we get so focused on the serving that we make the act of service the purpose for living instead of God. That is when we go a bit too far.

There’s not a lot left to say that hasn’t already been said except the obvious. And today is a short writing day.

Have a great day everyone :)
June 10th, 2014 at 09:40pm