Surgery

I don't know if the person reading this is religious or not, but please keep my boyfriend in your thoughts and prayers. Let me start from the beginning.

October 2012: Jake had a Cervical Fusion, and what that means is one of his discs in his neck turned into a pancake. They took a piece of bone from the bone bank, and placed it in his neck, securing it in place with a titanium plate.

Recovery was okay. The bone fused really well with the other bones, and the plate didn't move too much.

June 2014: Jake has been complaining of pain in his lower back for around six months or more. He has said that sometimes it feels as if he is running a 10k marathon. We believed it to be Restless Leg Syndrome.

June 2nd and 11th: Jake had an MRI done on the 2nd and today was his follow up. The doctor came in and asked him if it was all on one side or if it was both legs hurting. Jake said it was both legs, but he feels a lot of pain on the left side. The doctor said that was understandable because one of his lower discs had torn, and is bulging out against his spine on the left side.

The doctor also said that Jake could have shots, but that wouldn't fix the problem. So, we are being scheduled for a surgery date soon. Also, the doctor said that this shouldn't be as stressful and complicated as his Cervical Fusion was.

Please keep us in your thoughts. I will probably update Madness and Love until the surgery date, in which I will be tending to my boyfriends every need he has until he makes a full recovery. I am sure everyone who reads my Monster Inside series understands. :)
June 11th, 2014 at 08:41pm