Trying to Write + Blog More Often [Parts Are Relevant to My Readers]

I really want to begin writing a lot more than I currently do. Right now, pretty much all of my stories except one (To Wed a Princess, which I work on at the weekends) are on an unofficial hiatus. I just either lost interest for them or don't know where to go from where they are now. I'm considering rewriting a lot of them.

I just want to write more in general, to be honest. I lost a lot of my steam when I began college, but writing is still something I'm very passionate about - I want to do it as a career. I think I've realised that I can't juggle larger, chaptered stories. I become far too passionate about one and get bored of the others and so I don't pace them properly, which means I then get frustrated with them when I realise I've moved things along too fast.

I think what I'm going to begin doing is focus on To Wed a Princess for now (and I'm very motivated with it lately because it's going to be in Mibba Magazine, which I'm still stunned about) but also work on one-shots or shorter stories (three chapters at the most, I think) so I still have other plots to work on.

Because of that I went around the internet and found as many prompt grids as I could. I added them all up, and I have 1,698 prompts saved. That would take me around four years if I did one prompt a day. Needless to say, I'll be more than occupied for quite some time.

Summer sucks, though, because it's so warm so it turns my foundation into a total mess by the time I get home. I left the house looking nice this morning, I'm just home, I checked my reflection and I look like a hot mess. Ah well. I tried to disguise my lack of general effort with red lipstick, but that didn't work out too well either.

I don't want to just write fiction, though, as I find blogging helps me get stuff out but on Tumblr too many emotional posts lead to me losing a crapload of followers (not that it matters too much to me, to be honest) whilst on here, there's no danger of that because people in the blog section are interested in reading personal stuff. I want to be more active in the blogging section - I was back on "Old Mibba" and so, why not now that I've returned?
June 12th, 2014 at 02:35pm