Authors Going AWAL?

Sorry for the lame ass title, first off. >:(

Lately, I feel as though it’s been hard trying to get decent reviews on any story. Or even find a decent one. I love my fan fictions, even though that’s what all Mibba is. Which, really, isn’t that bad because it gives way to some people’s dreams; that’s what writing is about, right? Right, and also among many other things.

But when that entire story contains sex, it’s quite overbearing. I like stories with actual plots, and believable sex scenes. I read Fifty Shades (except the last, I couldn’t get through it) and knew just how wild it was. I don’t understand the BDSM shit, or anything correlated with that. However, that’s beside the point—it's still had a bit of a plot, but all they did was have some rough sex and a lot of foreplay.

Where is the drama, the love, and the bonds the characters make? You know? I feel like it’s hard to get a story out there these days because it doesn’t pertain to gangs and sex. And I try original stories, but it gets nothing. I’ve only had one really successful original story and that was my “But You Said You Loved Me.” And I LOVED it. It was great at the time, and I wanted to rewrite the whole thing, but I am lacking creativity and I am dying to get it back. I took a really long absence (not my decision, but whatever) and I feel as though my “mojo” has up and left me, and I have spent two years trying to get it back but I can’t. It doesn’t help that I don’t feel motivated by many stories on here anymore, just a select few. And even then, the authors drop and/or go AWAL, which saddens me. :(!

Anyone have any ideas, or feel the same way?

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
June 12th, 2014 at 10:56pm