Starting a Business (Art and Health) + Questions: Much Help Needed

For those who don't know, part of the reason for me being MIA is because almost a week ago I was out of town. I decided that my parents were driving me crazy and I needed to get away from the house. So I went to stay at my friends house (Or their mother's house, I should say) for a few days. The main reason was just to see their part of an exhibit that was taking place downtown from where they live. Let me cut the bullshit and just say that the friend was Johnny but thats not the main focus of the blog.

While there I got to experience not only the richness and presence of art in that city, but people there running their own businesses.

As some of you may know, I plan on running my own business regarding my line of natural health and beauty products, however, as of now, my plans are to market myself as an artist, but I don't know were to start. I know that I'm really good at painting portraits, but the crowd of people that pay for those kinds of things is a little hard to reach. I find it would help if I could create my own business card. However deciding on how to present the card will take some thought and time. I have many things to decide regarding the appearance of the business card. Here is my list:

Design
  • Simplicity
  • Complexity
Because I plan on doing more than just portraits in regards to art, I'm leaning more towards the simplicity stand point. However, I also feel I should showcase my artistic ability to those who are seeking artistic abilities.

QUESTION: From an artistic or non-artistic point of view, would you prefer to see simplicity or complexity on an artist's business card?

Categories
  • Portraits
  • Miscellaneous art
  • Graphics
  • Health and beauty products
    I know that more than likely I'm going to separate the heath and beauty products from the art related things, but I don't know whether I should separate the art related things from each other. A lot of my show boating and self promotion is posted on my Instagram, seldom on my Facebook, but I was wondering if I should make different Instagrams for my different fields of art I'm trying to advertise. My current Instagram is is @team_yaga2014 which is where I post pictures of food, art and myself. But I'm unsure of what to do... and I thought of an idea, I could use team_yaga2014 as my main profile that could branch off into other Instagrams that showcase my portraits, health and beauty products, miscellaneous art, and graphic work.

    QUESTION: How should I handle my starter advertisements? I'm aware that eventually I will have to separate them altogether, but as of now I want to know how I should handle things.

    For now I'm going to start with development of my business cards, that way I will be able to give someone something that may be interested in my work or services.
June 13th, 2014 at 10:04pm