How to Flirt With the Pizza Man.

I don't know what it is about the Spanish language but it seriously drives me crazy and makes me have a thing for most Hispanics. (Which explains why my boyfriend is a straight-out-of-Mexico dude who gets pissed at things and starts shouting in Spanish while I stare back with hearts in my eyes). But the boyfriend isn't here for the summer, and I have no Spanish in my life at the moment.

But the pizza man -- oh honey, let me tell you about the pizza man.

Me and all the guys that work at the local pizza delivery place, we're all good friends in there. They know my name and they know my order every time and they tease me about not speaking good Spanish. They've known me since I moved here, so that's like 4+ years of me being best friends with them. They're all in their early twenties, too, (except for the boss, who has a bit of gray hair, but I rarely see him around) which makes our friendship not TOO incredibly awkward.

So lately there's been this one dude, Firefighter, where it's kind of obvious he has a little crush on me. He's probably like twenty-three, and judging by the way he says 'cheese pizza,' I don't think he speaks a lot of English. He likes to talk to me in Spanish and ask me questions while I stare back completely fangirling over the way they all roll their R's. He also laughs every time I reply because, according to his friend's translation, I look so unsure of myself and have the strongest American accent ever.

There was this one time where he told me I need to order my pizza in Spanish, and instead of saying "I want..." I screwed up and said "I want you." He looked at me looking so surprised, and his buddies start laughing and saying stuff to him. So the sexual tension in there is pretty high, but we don't talk about it. Image

Anyway, yesterday I walked in there and the man, Firefighter (I don't know his real name -- too shy to ask!), immediately looks up and gives me this wink. There's about three customers in there waiting for their pizzas, so I just walk up to the counter because I had called in. The head manager, who I'm the closest to, looks up and frowns saying, "You ordered?"

I guess something went wrong because there's a new guy working and he forgot to put my order in. So I had to wait fifteen minutes -- no big deal. Me and the pizza guys laugh and talk in Spanish while the customers watch us and wait for their pizza.

After awhile it's just me waiting and the pizza guys start watching this TV they have in the corner. I'm looking at all the sodas they have on the wall when Firefighter comes to lean on the counter and ask me more questions in Spanish. We go through the usual 'how are you, what's your name, what time is it, how do you say take out the trash'. Then he starts teasing me because he asks (in Spanish) 'where do you sleep?' and I say 'in my bed' and he says 'what else do you do in your bed' and I just start SWEATING. I'm so flustered I just say 'what do you think'. He gives me THIS LOOK like 'I'm-about-to-leap-across-this-counter-and-show-you' and I'm absolutely losing my mind because I'm so turned on at that point.

But before I can rip off my clothes, Firefighter asks me for $5.40 and gives me my pizza and we share one last look before I leave.

Ugh.
Damn the Spanish language for just turning me into a mess whenever I hear it from a rough or deep voice. My boyfriend is out of the country because he went back home for the summer and we haven't had very much contact for some odd reason. He won't reply to my messages on Skype for very long, so I guess something is wrong with his connection. But it's been like, I don't know, four days and I'm already acting out and flirting with the pizza man.

Image Serious time for those of you who shake your head in shame: I wouldn't ever, ever cheat on my bf and strip for the pizza man while he's away. I may have danced on that fine line yesterday, but that's where it stops. I respect him and it shows in various other ways that he appreciates~
June 15th, 2014 at 01:23am