The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green

The Fault in Our Stars, by: John Green.

Augustus Waters: Ansel Elgort
Hazel Grace Lancaster: Shailene Woodley

John Green is a magnificent story writer and is famously known for Vlogbrothers and his history youtube channel: Crash Course

In this book, John Green takes you on an adventure like no other. Green shows that society treats "sick" people differently. This movie/book shows us that "sick" people don't want your pity. They don't want you to take care of everything for them as displayed in the scene where Hazel Grace is climbing the steps up to Anne Frank's house museum. Even though there are people both kids, teens, and adults dying from diseases they are no different from the human beings that are not sick. All they want is to be treated normal. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities." -John Green. There are people in this world who know are dying but they don't all fear death. Death should not be thought about when you are a kid/teen/ or an adult but it is. Not every sick human being in this world gets medical attention and even when they do it isn't likely that all will survive. This movie and book has certainly caught the attention of many all over the world not only for it's love story but also for it's funny, melancholy, and sensible actors and actresses that creates the story into something more. I highly recommend the book to all ages. If you get highly emotional during sad movies I do recommend bringing a box of tissues or just a couple of tissues.

Some of my favorite quotes will be listed below. Thank you for reading. If you would like me to write an overview of another story or movie please message and let me know.

1) "Our fearlessness shall be our secret weapon."
2) "I have an Augustus Waters fetish."
3) "You say you're not special because the world don't know about you, but that's an insult to me. I know about you."
4) "Gus knew. Gus knows. I will not tell you our love story, because like all real love stories-it will die with us, as it should."
5) "I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."
June 17th, 2014 at 12:13am