The Best Day of My Life // Pictures + Video!!! (Extra Video!)

Okay, so IN CASE YOU WERE NOT AWARE AND MISSED BY BLOG YESTERDAY...

I SAW ARCTIC MONKEYS + WHITE DENIM LIVE YESTERDAY

Image

BTW THE PICTURE THERE? YEAH WHERE ALEX IS KICKING? THAT'S MINE. THAT'S HOW CLOSE I WAS TO MY BAE. LOOK AT HIM. LOOK. AT. HIM. I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE CRIED YESTERDAY (COULD HAVE BEEN MY ALLERGIES U DON'T KNOW MY LIFE OK)

(he also did the booty shake omg I WANTED TO DIE HE IS SO PRECIOUUUUS)

OKAY OH GOSH WHERE CAN I EVEN BEGIN???

I'll start at the beginning. So yesterday morning, I left my house at around 8 AM to pick up my friend, Cindy. My mom wanted me to take the car for an oil change before we left, so we went and did that and DIDN'T LEAVE TOWN UNTIL 9:30 FOR GOD'S SAKE. I was kind of sad because I really wanted to get there early but nbd (YOU'LL SEE WHY LATER HAHA). So anyway, we drove and drove and drove. I live about four hours and a half from Pittsburgh, which is where they were playing yesterday.

We may have missed a really important exit because we thought it was 22 instead of 28, so we had to take a detour that lasted about an hour and a half through this super weird creepy mountain town/area/forest. (It was kind of my fault because I hadn't been paying that close attention to the directions and she was driving.)

We finally made it to Pittsburgh at around 2:30, which felt amazing because it is SERIOUSLY so beautiful omg it's amazing there and I would like to live there one day... IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE FACT THAT NO ONE IN PITTSBURGH CAN DRIVE AND THEY HAVE WAY TOO MUCH ROAD WORK SWEET JESUS IN HEAVEN HAVE MERCY!

So, we were supposed to be at the venue by 2:45 according to the directions because it's literally five minutes from the bridge not even. BUT WE DIDN'T MAKE IT THERE UNTIL 3:20/3:30 BECAUSE OF ALL THE TRAFFIC AND ROADWORK OH MY GOD IT WAS DISGUSTING D:

Mind you it was like 95 FAHRENHEIT YESTERDAY NO LIE (check the weather report if u don't believe me omg WE ALMOST DIED)

Anyway, so we make it to the venue in one melting piece and at first we only see two girls in front of the ticket thing so we're like OMG ARE WE STILL REALLY EARLY???

AND THEN WE WENT AROUND THE CORNER TO GET PARKING

and I almost cried

there was a HUGE LINE of people camping out

like

it wrapped around the block u kno

PEOPLE HAD CHAIRS AND COOLERS AND LIKE A WASTEFUL AMOUNT OF FOOD LIKE
what even???

So we go park AND IT WAS $12 for parking??? LIKE REALLY HOW MUCH MONEY IS THE VENUE TRYING TO MAKE OFF US? But at least we got really really good parking like right near the exit so I wasn't too mad. We sat on the sidewalk next to this group of girls and omg it's like they were the wannabe next skins cast like I wanted to vomit UGH they were so gross and weird and I really wanted to say something to them but didn't because I WAS GOING TO HAVE A DAMN GOOD DAY OKAY and then this group of like evil frat boys sat behind us with these little hipsters like

omg

OKAY MAYBE I CAN BE PRETENTIOUS SOMETIMES BUT I'M NOT AN ELITIST AND I DON'T ACT LIKE I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE BECAUSE OF HOW I DRESS/WHAT I LISTEN TO??? We sat there until about five and the line literally wrapped around THE WHOLE block and probably another one too but I really couldn't see it from where we were. Since we were starving because we hadn't gotten a chance to eat anything but some snacks ALL DAY I walked to McDonalds after one of the hipster frat boys gave me directions and stuff. IT WAS BROILING OMG LIKE IT WAS ONLY FIVE MINUTES ON FOOT BUT THE ICE IN MY DRINKS MELTED ON THE WAY BACK (I HAD LIKE 3/4 OF THE CUP FILLED WITH ICE BTW HAHA). At least Cindy and I had super huge water bottles we bought before leaving for Pittsburgh which kept us sort of cool, and there was a river near by so we got a nice breeze from that sometimes, PLUS we were across the street from Heinz Field and they had this sprinkler thing but I don't know where it was and it gave us a little water droplet shower thing every once in a while.

So the line started to finally move around five, thank GOD.

Image
this is me in line like once it started moving (i was wearing overall shorts/jumper/romper thing, this striped blue crop with daisies along the hem and a light grey tank underneath that with my brown strappy sandals)

But it was literally us just standing for a while and I think they did it to give more kids space like some people took up WAY too much space with their crap like you don't really need all that lol omg SO YEAH anyway... some people tried cutting and I was like UH HELL NO CINDY DIDN'T GET SUNBURN AND I DIDN'T GET ALL NICE AND CHOCOLATEY (OMG I HAVE SUCH NICE COLOR NOW YOU GUYS!!!) FOR YOUR LITTLE PSEUDOHIPSTER SELF TO BE CUTTING IN FRONT OF US BYEEEEEEE and we kind of cut in front of them when the line moved #NAILEDIT

(okay I know I sound mad but no u don't understand this guy behind us and his girlfriend chainsmoked a bunch of cigarettes and made me wanna scream LIKE UGH U DON'T EVEN KNO)

ANYWAY. I took my allergy pill while we were camping out but they still acted up a little and there was this super cool dad who was like dude it's okay and was super nice to me and Cindy and it was like AW OMG LOOK AT ALL THESE LIL GIRLS AND THEIR DADDIES AND MOMMIES AWWWWWW. What DID kind of piss me off a little was that some people tried cutting in front of everyone and go through the handicapped access door things. I didn't see anyone in a wheelchair/using crutches/otherwise physically impaired, but still, like why can't you guys wait in line like EVERYONE ELSE like that's not fair???

BUT OMG

WE HEARD SOUNDCHECK!!! AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL

yay

The doors opened at about 6:30 and we got in pretty quickly. AND GUESS WHO FOUND AN EMPTY BARRICADE SPOT ON THE SIDE? THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!!! AND GUESS WHO MADE A LOT OF FRIENDS/PALS/ACQUAINTANCES AND MET A LOT OF RAD PEOPLE? OMG. THE PEOPLE WE WERE WITH IN THE PIT WERE HELLA AWESOME OMG AND IT COMPLETELY MADE UP FOR HOW EVIL PEOPLE WERE WHILE WE WERE WAITING IN LINE c:

Image
this is how many people were there omg THERE WERE MORE THOUGH LIKE ON THE GRASS AND EVERYTHING (THE SHOW WAS SOLD OUT)

Image
this is how close I was thanks to Cindy pulling me into the pit lol

I met this girl from Ohio who was such a lil cutie omg her hair was pink and she was adorable UGH but Cindy and I wanted to get into the pit, so we snuck our way in and met this really super cutie couple who were so rad and cool to us and this girl who was like all alone and it was her first show and I was like AW OMG LIL BABY like srsly she was probably only like 13 or 14 and we all like huddled around her (sorry i have a lot of feels still because it feels SO surreal!!!) and waited for the set to start.

The security guards were SO COOL OH MY GOSHHHHHH

the one that was standing near us when we were against the barricade before the show started was like all into soccer like me AND HE LIKES SPAIN TOO OMG I WANTED TO CRY (DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT THE WORLD CUP RIGHT NOW I CAN'T HANDLE IT) HE WAS SO AWESOME AND I HOPE HE HAS A HAPPY LIFE BC HE WAS V HELPFUL DURING THE EVENING (u will see omg)!!! And there was another one who was spraying us with water n.n omg it was so nice (´◕ω◕`)

So, when White Denim started setting up we all got hella excited and were in the front and near the pit and it was rly rly nice like wow I've never heard them (I know who they are bc of the concert obvs but I'd never listened to them) but THEY ARE PHENOMENAL OMG I kind of want to get some of their stuff like it has this really nice vibe, like Mystery Jets' Radlands album almost???

this is white denim:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
can we take a quick minute to appreciate his outfit he looked FAB OMG like ezra koenig but not and i was v happy (◠‿◠✿) no i didn't take like five pictures of him and that shirt and no i wasn't ranting about it for like ever nooooooo

also the drummer is a bae
they're all bae's
even the truck hat guy
BAE'S OKAY MAJOR BAE'S TRUST ME I'M A SCIENTIST (majoring in cutieology at the university of tumblr thank u v much)

But yeah they were SO GREAT!!! Cindy and I were literally right next to the speakers, like there was another couple in front of us (not the super rad one, they were next to us) and maybe another person or so but yeah we were RIGHT UP THERE OMG and I think the vibrations made her ill and she almost fainted and like you know how people say that at shows everyone is a family? WELL THAT IS V TRU (●‿●✿)OMG PEOPLE LIKE ALL MOVED AND THE MEDICS CAME AND HELPED US GET OUT OF THE PIT AND THE RAD COUPLE WAS LIKE WE'LL HOLD YOUR SPOTS GET BETTER SOON!!!! ★~(◡‿◡✿)

So there was alcohol being served because it was sponsored by this v famous beer company and stuff so people were drinking and I think some people that weren't old enough to drink were getting people to buy them liquor??? When we got to the medic thing which was literally right behind the stage like we went around a corner and inside this little air conditioned (THANK JESUS ʘ‿ʘ) space where the medics sat Cindy down and gave her some water and let her cool down and were super sweet and nice omg but there was this girl who was DRUNK OUT OF HER MIND!!! OH MY GOSH (◡﹏◡✿) like I felt so bad for her??? she was crying about how she was so mad at herself for getting drunk and that she was going to major in music (NEXT YEAR???) and this was the band that got her so into music and she needed her dad to get her
like
omg

anyway cindy felt better after a little bit and we went to the bathroom quick bc we had to pee

Image
quick bathroom selfie swag

SO ANYWAY! We got back into the pit but not right where we were at first until this other dad was like HEY omg are you the girls who got sick earlier??? and he made everyone move and let us through to our old spot (ノ◕‿◕)ノ~『✧~*COOL DADS*~✧』AND THE CUTIE COUPLE WAS LIKE hey omg hey!!!

we caught the end of white denim's set!!! c:

Image

cindy got thirsty while they were setting up and was like i want water AND THEN THEY CAME AND SPRAYED US WHEN SHE LEFT LOL and they were giving away free water to some of the girls up front like me and the cutie couple (n゜∇゜n) and we were waiting for it to start and hanging out and talking and stuff

and then smoke

A LOT OF SMOKE

like they went to town with that fog machine y'all FOR REAL

Image

so the show

THE SHOW
THE MAIN EVENT
ALEX WORE THE BLACK SHIRT WITH THE LIL WHITE SHOULDER/PEC THINGIES??? AND SLICKED HIS HAIR
AND COMBED IT LIKE A BILLION TIMES AND DID THE BOOTY SHAKE AND BLEW KISSES AND KICKED AND WAS GENERALLY A CUTE SEXY DWEEB

THIS IS WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT

Image

THEY OPENED WITH DO I WANNA KNOW

WHICH I SORT OF CAPTURED ON FILM

DO YOU WANT ME CRAWLING BACK TO YOU?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW HAPPY I WAS?

The next song they played was Snap Out of It, and there's a new video out for it if you haven't seen it.

I WANNA GRAB BOTH YOUR SHOULDERS AND SHAKE YA BABY

Then, they played Arabella!

(just going to post a bunch of pictures here now don't mind me and some are super blurry because that's right before my phone died)
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
is he pointing at me
feel like he is
#truluv
Image
BAEEEE
Image
Image
I KNOW Y'AL CAN'T REALLY SEE MATTY IN THESE BUT OMG HE WAS SO CUTE AND ADORABLE
HIS HAIR KEPT FALLING INTO HIS FACE AND HE WAS SO INTO IT AND HIS VOCALS
his vOCAAAALS (≖‿≖✿) y'all don't understand
i love him almost as much as i love alex (of course i love all of them but in different ways ya feel)
Image

I was so happy!!! ∩(︶▽︶)∩

BRIANSTORM!!! omg it was PERFECT and he was all like hey guys we're from a lil place called sheffield and then brianstorm happened and WE ALL SANG ALONG AND SOMETIMES THEY'D JUST STOP AND PICK UP AND LET US SING omg and then don't sit down bc i've moved your chair OMG ಥ‿ಥ aND THEN THEY PLAYED DANCING SHOES AND LIBRARY PICTURES!!!

and then I got really dizzy and ill??? I don't know why, but I think I might have been a little dehydrated? I was sad about that but I tried to rough it out because I was SO CLOSE!!! but my anxiety started to get a lil bad and I was sad bc like I WANNA BE NEAR THEM!!! but people were all on me which makes sense bc pit HELOOOO but ya for some reason I felt v sick??? it wasn't an anxiety attack because i've had those and this wasn't that bad but i just felt like really hot and dizzy so idk??? also my phone died so I couldn't text Cindy to ask her where exactly she was BUT the medic came and pulled me out and was super nice ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ so I walked away for a minute or so to get some fresh air and breathe and stuff and then I started to look for Cindy around the edges of the pit but I couldn't find her and was sad, but then decided to dance and enjoy the show regardless bc eventually we'd find each other SOMEHOW and I knew she'd want me to enjoy the show (that's why she took me to the pit in the first place~)

THEY PLAYED SUCH A GOOD SET! Crying Lightning was next and it was like AWESOME soooo so awesome and THEN
YOU GUYS
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN NNNN
U KNO WHERE I'M GOIN W/ THIS
WHY'D YOU ONLY CALL ME WHEN YOU'RE HIGH??? hell yah!!! that song is so much better LIVE holy jesus (≧◡≦)

and then something that hasn't happened in about three or four years -

THEY PLAYED MY PROPELLER

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

the last time they played it live WAS AT THE END OF MY FRESHMAN / BEGINNING OF MY SOPHOMORE YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL

and they played it live

FOR US

✖‿✖ coax me out my looow and have a spin of my propellerrr ooooooh ✖‿✖

and then I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor omg!!! Then Fireside happened and we all swayed and sang happily and it was nice like it's so nice to just stand there with your eyes closed and be like united and feel all harmonious and peaceful and hAPPY (。◕‿◕。) omg you guys he pulled out the acoustic to sing no. 1 party anthem for us and it was soooooo beautiful!!!!!11!!!1! like omg i've never felt more at peace than at that concert seriously and cornerstone! (✿ ♥‿♥) cornerstooooone! y'all know that video ruined my life

the last three songs of the set were knee socks ((▰˘◡˘▰) u n me coulda been a dream team(▰˘◡˘▰)) fluorescent adolescent ((─‿‿─)remember when the boys were all eLECTRIIIIC???(─‿‿─)) AND 505 OH SWEET JESUS ((✿◠‿◠) i'd still adore u with ur hand around my neck ✿◠‿◠))

so then i was like oh is it over??? ok. he was all like thanks pittsburgh!!! and we were like HELL YEAH THANK U BABE! so i'm walking away AND CINDY WAS LIKE OMG ABBIE! and I was like BRO! and we hugged and apparently she was sitting on the railing like five feet away from me the whole time and i didn't even see her omg (i'm v dumb)
so many people on the sides left tho omg
like
it was so ridiculous
those silly people

and like they came back out and played an encore!!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

and we were like noooo omg yaaaas

THEY PLAYED ONE FOR THE ROAD
(◑‿◐)
OOOOOH
ONE FOR DA ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAD
(◑‿◐)

I WANNA BE YOURS (from their new lp he said lol alex u r so funny)
(*~▽~)
I JUST WANNA BE YOUUUUUURS
I WANNA BE YOOOOOOURS
(*~▽~)

and then he was like wait
there's only one way we can end tonight
AND THEY PLAYED R U MINE!!!!
(✪㉨✪)
AND I GO CRAZY CAUSE HERE ISN'T WHERE I WANNA BE
AND SATISFACTION FEELS LIKE A DISTANT MEMORYYYYY
AND I CAN'T HELP MYSELF OH IIIII WANNA HEAR YOU SAY ARE YA MINNEEEEEEE
(✪㉨✪)

and then we thought it was over but no
THEY PLAYED THE LAST VERSE OF R U MINE FOR US AGAIN! omg we sang with him and he looked so happy and sweaty and like genuinely happy they all looked SO HAPPY ಥ‿ಥ and i'm just like happy we could give them that you know like they gave us a show and happiness and we gave them like something happy too obvs since they kept playing for us yanno?

but yeah basically the concert was AMAZING you guys!!! the drive home was a little nerve wracking bc i almost passed out bc i was so nervous about driving out of town (PEOPLE IN PITTSBURGH SRSLY CAN'T DRIVE AND SORRY IF YOU LIVE IN PITTSBURGH BUT YEAH REALLY IT WAS SO AWFUL (╯◕_◕)╯)

we got home at around 4:30 AM and i was scared bc i thought my mom was going to be mad and she was so cute tho omg she was waiting for me on the couch and she was like omg you're home!!! i was worried u didn't call omg are you okay? how was it? take a shower and go to bed! we're going to the farmer's market tomorrow ok go go go to sleep omg u look so tired

my mom is the best you guys omg (∩▂∩)

BUT YEAH

THE SHOW

WAS

A M A Z I N G

last night was the best night of my whole entire life and I don't regret a single second of it and if I could do it all over again I most definitely would because they put on such an amazing performance and like I couldn't even listen to the arctic monkeys tape I made for the roadtrip on the way home because the songs weren't anywhere close to as good as they are live and I never thought I'd feel that way about anything like seriously THEY SLAYED SO HARD and I will seriously treasure last night for the REST of my entire natural life like seriously I cried so hard when I got home because I was so happy like they were the first band I was ever really into and they make me so happy and their songs make me feel like I'm the most perfect girl in the world and like I can do anything and I would most definitely recommend going to their show if you can because you will most definitely not regret it and they sound BETTER live than they do on the record and v few bands can do that nowadays so yeah

that was my night guys!!! thanks for reading and stuff c: i'll re-recommend this once vimeo loads my other video~~~
June 18th, 2014 at 09:41pm