I Need a Diagnoses.

I have some sort of writers infliction that I can't quite figure out. It's not writers block because I have tons and tons of ideas for new stories and updates (and when I have writers block, there is not a single thought in my brain that can be used for anything creative). With all those wonderful ideas and such, though, comes the lack of motivation to actually do anything with them.

I know they're good. I can spin them a hundred different ways and maybe I'll even get a little excited at the idea of this new story or update because I think it's freakin' fantastic. But I even up not being able to type out a single thing. I'll open up a word document and then sort of scowl a little because I don't want to sit there and type anything up (hmmm... I could just be lazy).

This makes no sense to me and it quite possibly could make no sense to you. I was just hoping that someone out there could be experiencing the same thing or might've gone through a spell like this once upon a time.

On a side note, though,: it's hot as fuck. I live in the deep South so I'm use to blazing summers, but we had nothing between this ridiculous heat and winter. There was literally no Spring here. We had snow for like... Five years and then it started to be ninety degrees and those nasty, big as fuck mosquito's started swarming everywhere.

I just hate, hate, hate, hate summer. I despite everything about it. I hate all the bugs that seem to come from everywhere. I hate the suffocating heat we're all oppressed with here in the South. I hate that I can't wear comfoy pajamas to bed. I hate that I could spend forever on my make-up but you probably wouldn't know because it'll melt off two seconds after I'm done (or halfway through me putting it on).

Oh. I've gotten sidetracked. Anyway. Hopefully someone can give me some tips on how to motivate myself to write. (And now that I'm thinking about it, that does sound a bit like writers block... Doesn't it?)
June 22nd, 2014 at 12:21am