My Recommendation Blog Part 1

Okay so, I've been on this site a fair while now and I've never done a recommendation blog. So I thought I would do a few. The first one is going to be a selection of stories from the Fall Out Boy fan fiction, and other rec blogs will include original stories, other fan fictions, poems, articles, anything really. But like I said, this one if for the Fall Out Boy fan fiction as that's the subject I write mostly, and read mostly. That doesn't mean I don't venture into the others, I do. It's just this is the one where I spend the most time. So here goes.

My first recommendation goes to the marvellous Ali, AKA birds ate my face with her story From Under The Cork Tree. This story is a well written piece about best friends who have to help each other through some really tough situations, including the death of a partner. Ali has written this from her heart, and knows too well what it is like to lose someone so close, her writing in this brings a lot of emotion to the surface.

Next is Ali Cat with her story Lets Be Alone Together. I'm not usually one for romance stories but damn this girl knows how to write them in such a way that you can't help but be drawn in. It's a Patrick story, and is based in the hiatus time period.

Next is La Notte Dei Demoni with her stories Babydoll and Ragdoll. These are stories connected to each other, with Ragdoll being the sequel to Babydoll. Babydoll is a story about child abuse basically, and what happens when someone is pushed so far that they just snap, they can't take it anymore, and they wind up doing the unthinkable. Ragdoll, it's sequel sees the person who snapped in the original released back into the world, only as much as everyone thinks that he is ready, as soon as he gets out, his head becomes overwhelmed.

Next I'm going to recommend a story by ToxicMayson called Kiss Her. This is a story inspired by the 16 candles video. The story sees a young girl having to move in with the hunters after the death of her last remaining family member. The hunters made a promise to the girl's father that they would protect her at all costs, and I am curious to see what secrets have been kept from her.

Last but certainly by no means least, is a story by the amazing Videl called The Car Crash Hearts. The story features so many people with so many different back grounds, and looks at friendship, love, school, everything really, not to mention it has a beautiful little boy in. I can't wait to see where it goes and to read it's sequel.

Right so those are my recommendations for now. I hope I've done this okay. Next I'll probably focus on some original stories that I really enjoy.

Rae
x
June 25th, 2014 at 08:35pm