Quick Tip for Keeping Your Writing Organised!

For any writers out there who are as anal as I am when it comes to keeping their writing organised and making sure everything links together and all the details are correct, Microsoft OneNote is an incredibly good program to use that will keep everything together in one place, and I highly recommend it!

You can create tabs, then pages within those tabs, then subpages, then subpages off of those subpages. I use it for keeping track of general writing ideas for the future, the story I'm currently writing ("The Longest Day"), finances, and anything else I can think of. It's the perfect place to list out your story ideas, useful tips, names you can use for future characters, names you can use for locations in your writing (if your setting requires it), and anything else you need! It's where I keep track of all of that, plus character profiles, chapter length and the key points within each chapter, the timeline of my story so I can keep track of what happened and when for future reference, and so many other things.

It's honestly the perfect program for organising everything you need, and by using this you end up with more space in your notebooks for brainstorming! I really hope everyone else will find it as helpful as I have and that you can all use it to get the most out of your writing and improve it just that little bit more!
June 27th, 2014 at 10:47am