June Favorites! (Mini Story List)

I know - I have been gone for forever it seems like. Grad school took over my life the past couple of weeks (two weeks of 6 hours of math a day? KILL ME) but I'm almost to the end of it until August which means I will be back and updating things once again. I have severely missed writing. Like, so much that it is insane. In fact, I'm shirking my responsibilities this morning and staying writing-focused and hopefully I can update something today!

Before that, though. I need to talk about favorites which I almost forgot because I have done very little outside of homework this month.

MOVIES

Image
If only I could snap my fingers and make a hot guy appear ...


Maleficent -- I didn't care how much homework I had to do because I needed movie breaks quite a bit this month especially to see this movie. Oh my goodness ... so amazingly perfect. I saw on tumblr someone posted the Disney animated movie next to this one in the great hall scene for when Aurora was born and they used almost the exact same dialogue. I freaking love that stuff. Everything about this movie was amazing. I want to see it again about 18 times.

Image


A Million Ways to Die in the West - Longest title ever. I had really low expectations for this because I don't find Seth MacFarlane as amazing as other people do but my stargazing date got cancelled on account of the rain so we had to pick something else to do and it was literally the only thing playing at the time we were going to go so we said to heck with it. And, actually, it was so freaking hilarious. Partly because I looooove Neil Patrick Harris and Giovanni Ribisi but also it was just written really well. I may or may not have snorted a few times ...

ImageImage
He's not, but I will be. Please? Gah he's gorgeous.


22 Jump Street - OH MY GOD I LOVE THESE MOVIES AND I WISH THEY WOULD JUST MAKE THEM FOREVER. I am not a Channing Tatum fan and sometimes Jonah Hill gets on my nerves but these movies are perfect and Channing is actually my favorite part of them. Just so ridiculous and funny and awesome. And Nick Offerman's tiny little cameo roll is perfection. I love him. I think I was crying I was laughing so hard at one point. So many good parts. So many quotes to use.

MUSIC


Santigold - I listened to her on a whim one day and now I am obsessed. I couldn't stop listening to her for like a week straight on Spotify and now I'm like - "I need her albums and I need them now." It's like such fun music. She's super mega talented and I can dance to it which I love doing even though I suck at it but whatever. My favorite song of hers right now would have to be the one that guest stars Karen O (from The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - another amazing band) called "Go" but she also did a song with the Beastie Boys called "Don't Play No Game that I Can't Win" which is also a favorite. Her collaborations are siiiiiick. Also, fun fact, her birth name is Santi White and she's Santigold. I find that funny.

Dashboard Confessional - Old school - back to when I was in high school. I still totally love Chris Carrabba and it's like ... he's beautiful but talented and the songs are sweet and some sad and they are just lovely to listen to and I've renewed my love for them (in fact lyrics to one of their songs is on the story page for my future Spider-Man story). Their first CD (A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar is just top notch. You've probably heard some of their songs from movies and stuff (like "Hands Down" and "Vindicated"). I don't really have favorite songs by them but I would say listening to any of it is great. "As Lovers Go" is really good and so is "Rooftops and Invitations". Basically any of their first CD or second, Dusk and Summer.

Coconut Records - Literally one of my favorites. Jason Schwartzman is my dream guy. I want him and he's amazing and perfect and lovely. It's perfect chill music (though some songs I can't help but shake my booty to like "Nighttiming"). That song is also the title of my favorite of the two CDs, my favorite song being the most popular one, "West Coast". I could listen to that song on repeat forever.

BOYS

Sexy Nerd Edition.

JASON SCHWARTZMAN
Image
YES I AM - BIG TIME
ImageImage


Honestly, I just adore him. He's weird and perfect.

MATTHEW GRAY GUBLER
Image
ImageImage


He has more hairstyles throughout the seasons of Criminal Minds than the female characters (save for Garcia). And he is perfect with every single one of them. It's ridiculous. He is so weird and amazing and his art is creepy and fantastic. He is one of my longest running celebrity crushes. I will always adore this nerd.

FORREST KLINE
Image
ImageImage


I started listening to Hellogoodbye again this past week and I remembered how much I love love LOVED Forrest Kline when I was younger. I was obsessed. Who could blame me? Look at that perfect face? And he is so talented and adorable and precious and what makes me love him even more is he has been with the same girl for like a decade now. They got married four years ago after dating for like six. That is insane. And, I saw pictures from their wedding and they are just the cutest couple ever. But I still love him and would have his babies.

STORIES


I haven't done a story list in awhile. I think a lot of people are taking a break from writing because it seems like not a whole lot is being updated. Also, because I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to actively seek out new stories. So, here is a list of recently updated stories that I am craving more of this past month -

1. Devil Within - by Carpe Diem ! - Jeremy Gilbert
2. Youth - by Carpe Diem ! - Original
3. Genevieve - by babybuddha - Original
4. Fact of the Day - by carousels; - Original
5. Oh, Dear - by doeohdeer. - Harry Styles
6. Mercury Sells - by dawn of light - Original

There are more but I actually want to write something today and I'm already feeling lazy sooo haha.

Okay, here is the deal. I have a story dealing with a male escort and I'm changing it from a 1D AU to a complete original and I need help picking dudes. So, I'm going to work on another blog to keep things separated and I would love it if I could get some opinions when I do. So, keep an eye out!

And for the one person that may have read my NaNoWriMo original story last November, Wildflower, I would like to hear if you would want me to revamp it after some of my stories wrap? For those that didn't, it's about a troubled boy that gets sent off to live with relatives after some crappy stuff happens to him. Follows along with more than just him, but various residents of a small town. Thoughts? I want all of them. Gimme.

Now, to try and work! Thanks for bearing with me, y'all. You're amazing.
xoxo, Erin
June 30th, 2014 at 10:32pm