Dealing With Moving On

So yesterday I sobbed at the train station with my boyfriend of 17 months as he was leaving for the army and I won't get to see him for seven weeks. I don't know what I thought would happen when he left, I just knew I'd be sad. I have very little sympathy for anyone anymore, people mostly just irritate me, and there are those couples who complain constantly when they don't see their partner for a day. To those people I say I would gladly switch places and not see Dylan for a few days at a time rather than not see him for weeks, and only get to speak to him during certain hours in the day in a place that has terrible phone signal.

As I was saying, I don't really know what I expected. I didn't expect life to continue as if nothing had changed, and my parents expect me to carry on and go out with my friends and such like. I didn't go out with my friends much before he left, why would I want to go out more? I feel like no one understands how I feel, but of course they don't. They're not the ones having to live life as normal whilst their boyfriend is several hundred miles away doing army training.

What has made this whole thing worse is that the weeks before he went we spent every day together that we could, which was a lot more than we used to be able to see each other while I was at college. This last weekend for example, I saw him everyday. We went out Friday with my parents, Saturday there was a surprise party for him with all his family and friends (although he got so drunk and was sick that I wasn't too happy with him, especially since I wasn't drinking because I had to drive home) and Sunday we had the best day, despite him being slightly hungover and me being not in the slightest bit sympathetic. We went laser questing with his dad, brothers and cousin and then later on we had VIP tickets to see Transformers, which wasn't exactly my cup of tea but sitting in a huge comfy chair in a room with only 12 seats in it made me a bit happier. To be completely fair I had dragged him to see The Fault In Our Stars the week before.

And now, its like I've gone completely cold turkey. I can't see him, or speak to him until 6pm tonight. Its hard. But we knew we'd rather work through this than not be together at all, and as hard as it is for me to deal with at the moment, I'd still do anything to be with him.
July 8th, 2014 at 01:35pm