Cringing at Your Old Stories | Please Convince Me to Be Productive + Questions!

Bonjour, Mibba! Alice here! Image

99.9% of you probably have no idea who I am, which is to be expected because I don't post here... ever.
And if you do, you probably know me as the author of Homophobe.
Which means you also probably hate me.
As I haven't updated that in like a year! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Honestly, I started that story two years ago.
Two years. ಥ_ಥ
Literally I was talking about the "star system" in the first couple chapters and excited for reaching two stars, if that gives a little perspective.
And it's entirely blown way bigger than I could have ever imagined (and I mean that in the absolute best way, you Mibbians are literally the best people ever and if you have ever read/commented/recommended my story just know that you will forever hold a place in my heart as the best people ever Image)
I mean, looking it over, it's 21 chapters, over 50000 words, has over 1000 reads, 337 comments, 415 subscribers and 140 recommendations.
ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ
That is me completely blown away.

You guys are seriously the best.
I'm so lucky to be this blessed. Image

And I thank you by... not updating.
I know, I'm horrible. o(╥﹏╥)o

But just reading it over at this point- cringe. Just cringe. .___.
It was completely unorganized, just sort of thrown together with 0 planning and just... two years ago.
And I think that's why I'm procrastinating updating, because I just no longer feel the passion I did for the story.
You know when you just look back and think: why did I think this was a good idea?
It's clearly not a good idea at all. It was the opposite of a good idea. And I thought it was a good idea. And I was so, so wrong.

I mean, I love it. I always will. But I've just... grown. Grown out of it, I guess?

To be honest, I planned to extend it to around 30 chapters, 35 maybe, and I feel like I'm going to just write a long long chapter to sum it all up get it over with, maybe a cute prologue and just finally be done.

I want to start something new but I can't with Homophobe sort of looming over my shoulder.
It'll nice to finally be done.
And finish something! (●´∀`●)

But alas! Now that I've finally come to this decision, I think I'm gonna start tonight, maybe be done by tomorrow, for sure Wednesday, I'm so ready to just finished. ImageI think it's a good length the way it is now, I have put so much love into these characters and it's time to say goodbye.
I do still love them, I will never not love them, but it's time to end. (・∀・ )

So this is also a please yell at me to be productive!
I need to finish this and have no faith in myself whastsoever! Image
So if you're a Homophobe reader, rejoice! There will finally be an ending! And finally new stories!

If you're not, thanks for reading anyways! Image

Q U E S T I O N S:
1. Do you ever look back at your old stories and just think "oh god why"?
2. How many stories (if any) have you ever finished? What's the longest you've gone without updating?
3. Please yell at me to be productive. It's not a question, more of a plea.

That's all I really have to say, thank you guys so much! Have a dandy day~! ♥
Au reviour!
Image
(Walter also says goodbye!)
July 15th, 2014 at 01:33am