Home.

People say don't judge a book by its cover, but that's exactly what we're doing. People see me as the hippie chick, the flower child who speaks her mind, and the black sheep out of my family. But it's not as wholesome as people think. I have struggled a lot lately with trying to be a part of my family. If your parents are divorced like mine are, you may or may not have this problem. My dads side of the family, including my stepmom and her sister are very snobby and like to drink all day long. While my mom and her husbands family are out, going mudding and playing beer pong. I don't fit in with either of them. I am truly the black sheep of both families. I like to be alone and daydream while setting it to music with my animals. They all say to pray to make it better. I've tried that and guess what? It doesn't work for me. I always felt like worshiping nature was the right thing to do. So call me a witch because I worship nature and feel like there is a spirit and soul for everything on this green earth. However, I still feel like God is real and is just teaching me a lesson. So I've struggled with the whole religion thing. I accept what this world has become and my parent don't. I cry at least once a week because I'm not a part of a family. I still love my best friends with all my heart. I feel most at home in my head with all the dreams I've created. I feel most at home when around no one but my dogs and cats. I feel most at home when around no one at all. I feel most at home when around nature. I am a black sheep that wants something different that what most teenagers want. I want to live in the mountains with my dogs, cats, and horses. Home means a place where you belong, where you can be free. Freedom is power. That's what I call my home.
July 19th, 2014 at 08:25pm