Who's Been Personally Victimized by Writer's Block?

Whenever I have writer’s block, I’m usually okay with it and could find a way to break apart from it in no time. But for the past month, I’ve been hit with the damn block pretty hard. Here are some simple ways to overcome writer’s block because it shouldn’t hurt another writers ever again. c;

1. Take a shower/bath: Maybe there are some people out there who like to hop into the shower whenever they need to do some thinking, like myself. The shower is my personal thinking safe spot and it helped me a couple of times.

2. Go outside: I kid you not, I actually went to the beach a couple of weeks ago (and today) because I was sick of a blank mind. And I went on a late SB run last night because I was tired of the lack of ideas. It could also be as simple as going outside your house or taking a walk around the block.

3. Play games: I played the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game for a good week and it ruined my life. It sort of helped with the creativity concept. But I don’t recommend this one because I’m addicted to the game.

4. Watch a movie/show: I think this one helped me the most. Watching Once Upon a Time made me motivated in a way and made me become more open to things?? And it’s a cool way to have ideas/quotes for your own stories!

5. Edit/make story layouts: This is a weird habit of mine because I tend to create story layouts whenever I’m hit by writer’s block. Sometimes I edit story layouts just for the sake of it.

6. Eat Nutella: If you don’t like Nutella, maybe try peanut butter or jam. I don’t know why but one time when I was eating Nutella on toast, I got an idea for a fan fic.

7. Read: I’ve read some stories on here and one gave me a motivational bonus point to write something down. I’m sure you all read or heard of Ellis Island. This story gave me a good smack of encouragement. This is just one of those stories that makes you want to write too.

8. Watch/make videos: This is something I personally do whenever I am stuck on something. Sometimes I like to pick up my GoPro and make small videos about my life (when it’s interesting) and edit them just for a spark of creativity.

9. Write something down: No matter what or who it is about, just write it down. If it’s as simple as a quote you heard in a show or a small scenario in your mind, write it down! I did this and it became a one shot. Sometimes that’s all you need whenever you are struggling with the block.

Alrighty! So here are my nine random ways to deal with writer’s block! I stopped at nine because I couldn’t think of ten. If you have any other ways to overcome wb, please do tell! I hope you’re having a great start of the week!

xoxo,
Sam
July 22nd, 2014 at 05:32am