Religion and Politics

For years, Decades maybe even a Century and longer we have said to never let Religion and Politics meet. (Unless of coarse it is The Politics of Religion)
Yet for the past years Religion has found its way into the White House and almost became a Political issue. "Do we want a Non- Christian President?" Mitt Romney is constantly reminding people he does not want to be known as "The Mormon candidate" But Even I think of him as such. Religion has come into the white house that is fine but Now George W. Bush gets in because of Religion and not only that he says gays can't marry. Does that have anything to do with Politics REALLY have to do with Politics? Or is it because his Religious beliefs? "The Bible" Though Holy and respected was written not by "God" but Man whom crafted it in times of Ignorance when a couple of the same gender was the same to society as a Murderer and a Thief I do not say Religion is bad but merely to not let Religious beliefs into the White House or Politics in whole. The world over the years since Christianity was formed has grown more "Tolerant" and "Respecting" I am Straight in Orientation but I do not mind who marry's and whom does not but to be banned from it that is a true crime. "Jesus" may have died for our sins so long ago but who is dieing for the sins today when Gay houses are being ransacked and murders of "Intolerance" have formed. When the beliefs of one man sentence people striving for a future to there grave for Oil. When fighting the government is dismissed as "French an Treason" Do any know why perhaps its because the French when something become to far when the government pushes to hard rebel millions in the streets anuf that the army can't stop them even some of their army rebel when things get that way yet most of America has been crying out for justice and the best we can do is barely make the cover of a newspaper in our own town And "Treason" Did we forget how america was formed? We the now called Americans the patriots rebelled protest disagreed with the government the British monarchy was disbanded we fought for our freedom being called all sorts of traitors and tresonists we made a Government "By the People, For the People, All the People" and yet Gays smaller Religions people generally "Different" Are neglected in the "Public Eye" because the "Public Eye" is portrayed in the local and large media's that show only what the Government lets them. Has anyone ever thought "Has anyone seen where my Civil Rights have gone?" I sure feel that way when freedom of speech is cut not allowing Minority, swearing or anti-government in without extreme public drowning or just concealment. It seems to me that the "Constitution" has been stretched pretty hard these days and the Bill of Rights has been extremely disregarded too. Its seems to me that the exact seem reasons we broke away from the king have been reflected in President Bush: Torture, Ignoring the people, Ignoring the Laws, Setting personal opinion over personal duty, regarding Religion to set new limitations, Taxing horribly and going to a war at least half of the country opposed and at least most of the country Absolutely disliked later on. It seems odd to me that in a country "By the people, For the People, All the People." Most the "People" are suppressed, neglected and otherwise "Silenced". With no "Voice" there is No chance of change speak loud them may be hidden but we have right the rights to free speech, assembly and to vote our all we need to make chance for change please have a voice if anything.
September 16th, 2007 at 05:40am