Unemployment Is Not Fun

So I was working at a Kmart for almost a year, and then I lost my job in May because my store closed. I had found out months ahead of time that the store would be closing, and trust me I am glad to be rid of that place because I hate dealing with people, especially when they're rude to me.

But now I'm still unemployed and it's starting to get to me, mostly cause I'm just stuck in my dorm room all the time. I have nothing to do except reading, and watching TV, and constantly applying for jobs. My friends are all either busy doing other things or don't live in the area so I spend the majority of my time by myself. I don't have a car and I hate taking the bus (and it's ridiculously hot out and I have air conditioning) so I don't go anywhere. There's nothing to do in the city I live in, and even if there was I'd only go out during the day cause it's not exactly the safest city. The only time I get to get out is if my friends are around or when I have my class on Monday.

I'm just so bored and miserable, basically. I just had a crying fit, which I seem to keep having sporadically lately.

I just need something to do, I think. I hope I'll eventually get a job. It's just so discouraging, cause I've applied to so many places and haven't heard anything from any of them.
July 25th, 2014 at 01:32am