A Guide to Glory & Gore.

Hi all! Some of you are subscribed to what's now becoming my lovechild, Glory & Gore.

quick disclaimer: I do not own any of the ASoIaF/GoT characters nor do I claim to. I only own ALL original content, characters, places, etc. YOU DO NOT NEED TO UNDERSTAND GOT OR ASOIAF AT ALL TO UNDERSTAND THIS STORY. IT'S AN AU SET IN 90s MIAMI. This was my entry in a super awesome fanfic contest last year on tumblr and I finally finished it a few months ago and decided to post the entire thing on here. It's my baby and I'm very proud of it. It's one of my only fully complete works, and is the product of many long nights full of angst and other gross things. It was beta'd by a lovely lil gem named Alex, and the fanwork for when it was partially posted on another site can be found here, all drawn by a lil sweet pea: oooh so pretty yay. THIS IS VERY HEAVILY BASED OFF/INSPIRED BY BAZ LUHRMANN'S ROMEO + JULIET (1996) as well as the original Romeo + Juliet tale. (◕‿◕✿)STEAL MY STORY AND I WILL GUT YOU LIMB FROM LIMB.(◕‿◕✿)

It's occurred to me that maybe a guide to help those who've never read/heard of the series understand who's who (because it can get a little difficult to keep track of everyone) would be a good idea. (And also I have a little time on my hands and feel like being nice. And haven't made a blog in a month.) So, without further ado, here's a little compact guide into the world I've built for this story. Hopefully, it'll make it a little easier to understand!

I'll try to keep it as spoiler free as possible.

Image

SUMMARY


The entire story is based off the premise that all the families are somehow involved in drug trafficking, and are in the middle of a gritty, bloody turf war who's ultimate victims are the children of rival families. There are, of course, with all my stories, plots with in plots that will be revealed as the story progresses.

Image

BARATHEON-LANNISTER FAMILY

The Baratheon family consists of:

- Robert Baratheon, the head of the family and a man who spends all of his time brooding and moping over a girl he loved in the years of his youth - Lyanna Stark, who was member of a rival family.

- Renly Baratheon, Robert's younger brother, who only makes a minor appearance in one or two scenes, along with his lover/best friend, Loras, who has an equally minor role.

The Lannister family consists of:

- Cersei Lannister, Robert's wife and the woman who keeps the estate running. She's a no nonsense woman who keeps everyone on their toes and has a pretty 'friendly' relationship with her twin brother, Jaime.

- Jaime Lannister is Cersei's brother and lives on the estate with the family. He keeps an eye on things and accompanies the children to school, social activities, or even for something as simple as a walk around the park. He's violent, however, and typically handles the gorier end of the family business.

Image

CHILDREN


- Joffrey Baratheon is the oldest child and is considered by all to be a genuine nuisance. No one really likes him, and he contributes nothing to the plot. He shows up very rarely, but when he's mentioned, it's usually negatively.

- Myrcella Baratheon, the second child, is my little shining star. interally debates if myrcella is actually an angel from heaven. She shows up a few chapters into the story, but after she shows up, is a very heavy and present force in pretty much every chapter that follows. SHE'S A MAIN CHARACTER AND ALSO A CUTIE THAT THROWS HISSY FITS. LIKE A LOT. FREQUENTLY. IT'S ACTUALLY A PROBLEM SOMETIMES. She's young, intelligent, and actually a lot stronger than most people around her give her credit for. Despite how many people try to use her as a pawn, she manages to get her way eventually.

- Joffrey Baratheon, the third child and incognito sweet dumpling cutiepie also has a very minor role in the grand scheme of things, and is just there to make you feel even angstier than usual. (AND YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW ANGST FILLED MY STORIES ARE.

***It's generally speculated by most that Robert isn't the children's actual father, but Cersei denies it all until she's blue in the face.***

Image

STARK FAMILY

- Ned Stark is the father of the Stark family and is someone who tries to be honest but given the profession he's in, it's a slight challenge. He's in a few scenes, but not that many. He tries to be involved in his children's lives, but they all live so separately that he really can't.

- Cat Stark is the most sacrificing mother and will die for her babies and no one can tell me she's not amazing and perfect tbh is Ned's wife and mother to his children. She's actually perfect, and is a stay at home mother to her babies.

Image

CHILDREN


- Jon Snow is supposedly the lovechild of Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne, a girl he had on the side sort of, but Cat doesn't want to believe it. (Too bad Jon really looks like his dad.) He's narrating most of the story, with occasional breaks in narration by other main characters. He's a few months older than Rob and his best friend.

- Robb Stark is commonly known as the Young Wolf in the story. He's Cat's favorite child even if she says that she has no favorites, and during the onset of the story he's depressed and going through a terrible breakup. HE IS ALSO A MAIN CHARACTER. He is brave, courageous, and tries to live up to everyone's expectations of a bloodthirsty, ruthless gangster like his father, but at the end of the day, he's just a 19 year old kid who tries to do his best.

- Sansa Stark is next. She's makes very minor appearances, but one of these appearances is part of a major scene in the story. She cares deeply for her older brother and tries to do her best to help him.

- Arya Stark is seen fleetingly in the story, but not long enough.

- Bran Stark is too adventurous for his own good involved once again in very few scenes and only has one actual scene where he speaks, but his presence is felt throughout the entire story, especially the end. He suffered an unmentioned accident that fueled the rivalry between the Baratheon-Lannister and Stark family and is spoken of in very hushed, somber tones.

- Rickon Stark is the baby of the family and a general ball of cuteness that isn't particularly mentioned frequently.

Image

MARTELL FAMILY


- Trystane Martell is a boy who is engaged to be married to Myrcella (mostly against her will). He really does care about her, even if it seems like it's mostly for her money or position in society. He is, however, pretty easily manipulated by his older sister, Arianne, which is why Myrcella doesn't like him in the first place.

- Arianne Martell is a girl who makes very few appearances, but whose influence is felt regardless. She just wants money, power, and glory, and will use anyone and everyone to get it. (IN THE ACTUAL SERIES OF BOOKS THOUGH I SHIP HER WITH EVERYTHING SHE'S MY LIL SUNSHINE ANGEL AND I LOVE HER UGH)

Image

THE HELP/SUPPLEMENTARY CHARACTERS


- Alysanne Royce is the septa for the Baratheon-Lannister family. In the series, most people follow a religion where they honor seven facets/qualities of one god (sept - seven), and it's kind of like Catholicism is to us in our society. She's a nun who became a nanny, basically, who has a very important role in the story and part of my otp in this story. (Secondary otp, I guess.) She's strong, firm, and is very firmly convinced of her faith, but finds herself wavering at times because of her feelings about Arys, a second-in-command for Jaime. She was Myrcella's wet nurse and eventually just stayed with the family and raised the children while Cersei did... well, Cersei things.

- Arys Oakheart is actually a big softie don't let the guns fool u ok kind of like a guard for the children, mostly Myrcella. He usually accompanies her to all her events and is a shadow that is never far behind. He's been in love with Alysanne for a very long time and has no shame or regrets about it, but will also not hesitate to punch some teeth down some throats if someone makes unnecessary comments about his feelings. He's sort of like Myrcella's father and plays a very very important role in the story.

- Theon GODDAMN Greyjoy is Robb's good friend and spends most of his time at the Stark estate hanging out with him and Jon. He's fiercely loyal to the Starks, and will do pretty much anything for them. He likes having a good time with girls and booze, and he's happy that way.

- Ygritte and Ros are two girls that Theon and Jon meet during the beginning of the story and who don't play a major role in the story until the middle/end.

- Septon Luwin is like a priest of sorts. He doesn't appear until the middle/end of the story but once again plays a decisive role in the chain of events.

- Septon Sam Tarly is a friend of Jon's who only appears in one scene and messes things up. DAMN IT SAM YOU HAD ONE JOB

Image


And that's that! I hope I didn't miss anything. I'll update this in the morning with pictures of everyone and links and so on, but at least I have this mostly written out. I hope this helps!!! c:
July 25th, 2014 at 05:35am