Nostalgia and Mibba Appreciation

Okay, so after updating a story today, it got me all nostalgic. I had a (super quick) glance at my earlier stories, the ones I posted when I pretty much joined Mibba about four years ago and although I cringed hard, it reminded me of how I felt when I started posting on this website.

That was kind of the golden age of Mibba for me, personally. I got ridiculous amounts of comments, even though my writing was awful - really, truly awful. Thank you to anyone who actually read that, if any of you are still lurking on here ('I Am Fallen', anyone? Ring any bells? It was about a fallen angel, naturally).

It's still great on here, which is why I try to regularly update because I love writing and I love feedback and I'm so glad I took the step to join this site when my friend mentioned it. I remember being insanely embarrassed about writing something for everyone to see, that people could actually *gasp* comment on and tell me that it sucked (none of you ever did, bless you for that - I did get a very polite comment about working on what tense I wrote in, I'm still not sure I fixed that). I'd never actually written anything before (excluding school work), except for a couple of times when I was little, using a typewriter to write about fairies or a boy that got turned into a dragon - maybe I'll try writing that again someday.

I made friends, too! At least, I like to think I did - I'm still stalking one of the author's profiles every now and again (for anyone wanting to know, the author's profile name is Phil Marlowe. I'd recommend 'Punch Me, I'd Bleed' and 'Robin, Boy Virgin' - go on, you know you want to, those stories are awesome! Seriously, I'm still re-reading them to this day)

But four years ago, it was something else. I'm not sure if people are less willing to write, or if they're less willing to comment on a story or subscribe and that's okay, I'm a little guilty of that too, now. There's just something different.

But what I'm trying to say is, there's still amazing writing on here, all of you should be super proud. I'm really glad I decided to join Mibba.
July 26th, 2014 at 11:33pm