My Warped Tour 2014 Experience (Pictures + Videos)

Yesterday(July 25th) was my Vans Warped Tour. It was by far the best day of my life. I saw all of the bands I wanted to see and I even met Of Mice & Men.

The list of bands we(me and my best friend Sydney) saw is as follows:
-The Devil Wears Prada
-Survive This
-Beebs and Her Money Makers
-Icon For Hire
-Vanna
-Crown The Empire
-Of Mice & Men
-Falling In Reverse
-Yellowcard

We might've seen more, but I can't recall them all. We also didn't stay for anyone's full set, except Of Mice & Men, mostly because that's the only band either of us came to see. Whoops.

Here are some pictures and videos of the day! :)

Image

To start off, that's our venue(Vinoy Park, St. Petersburg). I was standing there, and the ocean was literally on one side of me, and the actual festival was on the other side of me. Its pretty rad, in my opinion.

Get Well

That's Icon playing my favorite song by them, Get Well. They also played Think I'm Sick right before that, as kind of a prelude.

Here's a picture I snagged of Ariel:

Image

After Icon was Crown The Empire. I unfortunately didn't get a video, because we were right in front of a mosh pit and I knew the camera would be shaky, but I did manage a couple pictures of Dave Hughes, after he took his shirt off.

Image

Image

After CTE, was Of Mice & Men. I didn't take this video, one of my best friends, Amelia did, but its great quality!

The Flood

That's OM&M playing The Flood.

Bones Exposed Circle Pit

That was the circle pit during Bones Exposed. My mom took this video, and if you look, toward the beginning, you can see me. I'm the one in the white shirt with the bright blue backpack.

Here are the only two pictures taken of OM&M onstage by anyone I know (photo credit: my mom):

[img]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w494/whovianof221b/Warped%20Tour%202014/D2E9247F-CA96-4905-BDDE-C16B308F46C2_zpsotgwthdt.jpg[/img

Image

After that, we reported straight to their meet and greet. We weren't allowed to take pictures with them unfortunately, but I had one of the girls in line take a few creeper pics! Here are a few that she and I managed to get:

Image

This was Austin when he first came in. The smile on his face made my day! He was so genuinely happy to be there, it was truly humbling.

Image

This was all of the guys sitting there, waiting for their turn to sign our poster passes. I love this picture!

Image

I got Tino to look at me and I waved, he waved back and I was lucky enough to get a picture of it.

Image

This was one of the creeper photos that the girl took of me(white shirt, mermaid backpack) and my best friend(black tank top, blonde hair) meeting our idol. Because I phrased it really well, I'll copy and past my Facebook caption for this photo here: "I met my hero today. The one man in the world who could pull me out of my own head long enough for me to see the things inside of myself worth saving. I owe this man my life and I got to shake his hand today. Even better yet, my best friend was standing beside me. I'd say this is probably the best day of my life."

Image

The signed poster pass.

After meeting the guys, we went to sit down by the water and breathe for a few minutes. While sitting there, the lead singer of Vanna(Davey Muise) walked by. We had seen them play right before Crown The Empire, so naturally, we asked for a picture.

Image

Once again, a very humbling moment. He was so excited to talk to Sydney and I, and he was even more excited when we asked for a picture with him. He also gave great hugs!

After we met Davey, we decided we were gonna head out early. We stayed for Yellowcard(who was my top pick aside from Of Mice), and we caught a little of Falling In Reverse's set.

The Drug In Me Is You

Here was a little bit of The Drug In Me Is You. I must say I was genuinely surprised by them. I'd heard in the past that they were less than stellar live, and they far exceeded my expectations.

Image

Here's a(n entirely too saturated) photo of Falling In Reverse playing TDIMIY.

Saving best for last, my favorite set of the day had to be Yellowcard. They played all the songs I wanted them to, and they were just an all around great band live.

Image

Here's a picture of Ryan from Yellowcard, absolutely killing it. Quote of the day had to come from him, "If we wanted to play for a crowd full of people just standing, we would've booked a show at a local nursing home."

Awakening

Here's Yellowcard playing Awakening, one of my absolute favorite songs by them. Two disclaimers: excuse me screaming every time he said "awakening", and also excuse how it skips the middle of the song, I ran out of room and had to delete a bunch of apps and stuff.

Last, but not least:

Only One

My favorite Yellowcard song was the third song they performed. Excuse the shakyness, I really thought I was going to burst into tears during that song. It was so perfect and was an absolutely phenomenal ending to my first ever Warped Tour experience.

If you stuck with me through all of this, thanks for reading it! Also, if you want to check out the rest of my Warped pictures, here's the link to my Photobucket
July 27th, 2014 at 07:19am