Well Then, I'm Writing a Novel

Hey, you know that blog I put up saying that I was done with writing? Well...

This'll be a short entry, just a little recap of my plans as is.
Rather than get too invested in my art as it stands, I've decided that I'm going to go back to art school for another year. This entails a three day week whereby I am going to have oodles of spare time that I had not anticipated. Art is not taking a back-burner of course, it's my life, but at the moment I'm going to focus more on the improvement of my skills rather than the production and sale of my work. I suppose in a nutshell - I'm not good enough at drawing yet in my eyes and we're going to bash around with that for a while until I am satisfied.

In the mean time!
I'd had a cracking idea for a story, and so I begun to write. The more I wrote the more I realised that the piece I was doing appeared to be far above what I had done previously. So, with this in mind, I contacted a group of publishers with what I had done thus far. One in particular got back to me with some apparent interest.

Obviously, with the piece in its current completely unfinished state, expecting a published work in the next year is me living in my head world, but.. This shit is going places!

I'm considering uploading the odd bit here and there but of course I shan't be publishing the novella in its entirety on here. I'll give you a brief summary if any of you so require, but for now, I'm simply beaming. I wrote something, and some one, somewhere, in a big chair and a stack of cash read it and digs it. That's pretty awesome.

Peace!
July 27th, 2014 at 06:29pm